Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to willshoemaker
Roketa Vs. Lifan

So awhile back I had been Looking at Chinese made Dirt Bikes. Now that I am 2 years away from legally driving on the road, I am thinking into it a little more. I have been looking at the Roketa GY200 with and without Inverted forks, and also the Lifan 200cc from www.evosales.com . I know the "best" is a matter of opinion, but if possible, could you post what experiences you have had with any of these bikes?

Thanks,
Will 8)

"Time is an abstract concept created by carbon based lifeforms to monitor their own decay."

Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #2

No one has any of these bikes?

"Time is an abstract concept created by carbon based lifeforms to monitor their own decay."

Old 04-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #3

Lots of people have these bikes on this forum, just read all the old posts and you will find all about them all!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #4

Sorry, I was just trying to compare and contrast the two.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #5

Hi willshoemaker

For the money find an American Lifan Dealer that is reputable. There is a difference between American Lifan & The Grey Market Lifans. The guys here that own Grey market Lifans have less things that break than some of the guys that own Roketa's. I sell more parts to the Roketa owners than almost any others. No Pun Intended guys, I'm just looking at the facts of what breaks on the bikes and what doesn't.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 04-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #6

Re: Roketa Vs. Lifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoemaker
So awhile back I had been Looking at Chinese made Dirt Bikes. Now that I am 2 years away from legally driving on the road, I am thinking into it a little more. I have been looking at the Roketa GY200 with and without Inverted forks, and also the Lifan 200cc from www.evosales.com . I know the "best" is a matter of opinion, but if possible, could you post what experiences you have had with any of these bikes?
If you are a couple of years away from legally driving i would start in a car.Most new drivers are inexperienced and usually get in some kind of accident.That would not be good on a bike!

Thanks,
Will 8)

Old 04-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #7

Well I have the most experience with bikes. I can drive a truck very well also. I just don't want to save up for a long time to get a car or truck. The added bonus of a bike is that the 200cc's probably only uses a gallon for 80 miles.

Sorry for being annoying,
Will

P.S. I am not undermining you hunter, I just don't want a 4 wheeled vehicle. :wink:

Old 04-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #8

well I would suggest riding school for any new riders (on the road)... anyways thats off topic...

I dont have a roketa to compare with but my lifan has been pretty good to me.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #9

I have two bikes from EVOsales and while they work they are far from perfect but it is the same old thing you've already read (fit and finish is not as good as mainstream bikes)

I havent seen any other chinese bikes up close as I have seen these two so I really cant comment on any others but lets just say that there is still a lot of refinements needed to the two I have.

If I were to do it over again I'd probally not buy from EVOsales but try to purchase from a local dealer and before buying give it a very very close looking over.

Or just buy a decent used jap bike which could end up being a nightmare and/or time consuming looking for the good deal but there are some good used ones around.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #10

Did you buy your from a internet store or a dealer by you? I have no dealers by me :?

Later,
Will

Old 04-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #11

bought mine from EVOsales internet store.

If you dont buy one thru an "american lifan" dealer you will have a more difficult time getting parts but more parts are out there now.

Buy one thru a large established dealership network or you will be pulling your hair out.

EVO is NOT part of american lifan's dealer network but then the couple of dealers american lifan pointed me to were not even there "shaky" I think bruce(ejcycles) is the only real lifan dealer that I know of.

since you have some time before you get your license you can just keep an eye out for the bikes and maybe a dealer will open up near you in the mean time.

To be honest after watching my wife ride heres in the sand I wished I had just gotten her a yamaha TW200.She might have done much better on that.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #12

Well hopefully this summer i can work with my brother laying carpet. Maybe if i save a reasonable amount I could afford a Lifan. As for the dealer thing, HAHA! I live in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks again,
Will

Old 04-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoemaker
Well hopefully this summer i can work with my brother laying carpet. Maybe if i save a reasonable amount I could afford a Lifan. As for the dealer thing, HAHA! I live in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks again,
Will
Hi Will,
Where is Belle Vernon?? Im out in the boonies in Bradford County and we have an American Lifan Dealer near me in Wysox Pa which is near Towanda, the county seat... Nice guys, its where I got my Lifan gy5

heres his website http://www.beersautoatvcycle.com/

FreightTrain

Old 04-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #14

Thanks freight. But I'm about 40 miles form Pittsburgh. Is there a A.Lifan dealer over the internet?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #15

There is one lisenced one on ebay, but I think it was said it will cost more?