Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #1

pilot jet adventures

ya so i ordered up a 110 main and 25 pilot from rockymountain.. get them in and every thing is fine with the shipment. i had also ordered a new fuel filter.

so i go do the install for the jets.. notice that the new jet looks slightly different then the 22.5 pilot jet i bought from a local shop. as i am screwing in the pilot jet, i notice that it stops but its not to the point of being screwed in as much as the jet from the local shop..so i gave it a few more 1/4 turns, and on the last turn i felt something give and i really didnt use very much force to be honest and i know better then doing that. the end of the jet with the holes well the holes where crushed.. so ive thought and it appears 1 of 2 things happened. 1. i should have backed out my idle screw or something like that. 2. i did order the wrong jet

rocky sent what i ordered about the jets..the main jet is fine got that one perfect.

pro x n224.103 series mikuni pilot jet 25

any one able to tell me if i ordered the wrong style of pilot. its the only "long type" mikuni pilot that rocky sells.. i think i need the

VM28/486 Series Pilot Jet
Fits RS, and HSR Mikuni Carbs

the jet in the picture is the one that looks like my current 22.5 pilot jet from the local shop. the 25 pilot from rocky looks different.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #2

Yeah, i wondered about that when i told you they looked the same, but they were not a genuine mikuni pilot jet so it was a crap shoot, best thing to do would be to find a genuine mikuni pilot jet that fits the VM28/486 Series, RS, and HSR Mikuni Carbs as that is what we have been using on our GIO upgrade carbs.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #3

Any damage to the carb? Are you able to extract the damaged jet?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #4

only damage was done to the jet, i was able to unscrew it and back it out. so ive got the 22.5 pilot jet i bought local in it. might just wait for tj's to get more in stock, or take another crap shot and order one online from some one else..