Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #1

Kijiji dirt bikes

Hello all,
Punched in 250cc dirt bike on Kijiji just to see what people were asking for old dirt bikes... Almost every single ad was for a GIO! Laughed my butt off, and they all wanted more than you can buy them for online, even the used ones! Scary part was that most of the used ones claimed to have less than 10 hours on them. Guessing they were impulse buys and the people that bought them had no way to haul them or decided that they didn't like dirt biking. Seemed kind of funny though, two pages of bikes and almost all GIO's

Old 08-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #2

Yeah, i got a laugh too at my local kijiji, i bought my new X31 for $885.50 to my door, i seen one on kijiji for $1000 and the engine was blown.
Kijiji is good though, when i was looking for a small quad for my boy i seen a GIO for sale on there, had to investigate about this GIO brand quad, then the auction addiction started, i'm out of AA ( auctions anonymous ) now and haven't bought anything for 1-1/2 months now.

I had and sold my 125cc dirt bike on kijiji, $700 but it came with lots of upgrades and spares so i pretty much broke even on that one, i like the e-bike prices, same GIO product for $500 to $1000, hahaha.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Yeah, i got a laugh too at my local kijiji, i bought my new X31 for $885.50 to my door, i seen one on kijiji for $1000 and the engine was blown.
Kijiji is good though, when i was looking for a small quad for my boy i seen a GIO for sale on there, had to investigate about this GIO brand quad, then the auction addiction started, i'm out of AA ( auctions anonymous ) now and haven't bought anything for 1-1/2 months now.

I had and sold my 125cc dirt bike on kijiji, $700 but it came with lots of upgrades and spares so i pretty much broke even on that one, i like the e-bike prices, same GIO product for $500 to $1000, hahaha.
It's amazing isn't it? Some people don't do too much investigating when they buy off those sites. I sold that Gio Mini Beast on CL for $530 ..which was a reasonable profit for me.

Although it could be people don't want to worry about putting them together, so they'll buy them new on cl, but already together.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #4

I think some people are buying bikes from giobikes.com via auction, marking them up and then selling them on Kijiji. I see a guy at the flea market doing the same thing every week - buys $1 DVD's at walmart then sells them at the flea market fo 2-5$.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"