Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #1

Rocketa ATV-58, What are all the Tubes?

Howdy gentlemen,
I was given a Rocketa ATV-58, and to say the least, it needs some work. My real issue is I have all these rotted lines that make no sense, is that a turbo on the exhaust? If so, why does it have a filter on it?

Then the carb drain, feeds back into the top of the carb, and a host of other interesting issues.

But, feree is free, so I expect to have it running in a week or so, if I don't blow myself up hooking a gas line to the exaust.

Any help here would be great.

OH, yeah, I'll post some pics of LiLo (Lindsay Lohan ) when I get a chance, by the way, that's the quads name, it has as many issues as LiLo, and is in rehab(my garage) right now.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #2

Re: Rocketa ATV-58, What are all the Tubes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1

OH, yeah, I'll post some pics of LiLo (Lindsay Lohan ) when I get a chance, by the way, that's the quads name, it has as many issues as LiLo, and is in rehab(my garage) right now.
That's priceless.

Pics are always helpful.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #3

why in the hell does it have a gas line to the exhaust ?

turbo's dont run a fuel line to the exhaust... you may want to post up some detailed pictures before attempting to start it..

Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #4

Pics would be great.

I suspect tat you're describing a catalytic converter in the exhaust pipe. Some other members on here have gutted 'em. I would.

The mess of hoses will start with the standard engine vent hose, but they likely tie into the airbox and a device on the cylinder head. With some photos for guidance, we can likely show you how to simplify the setup.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 AM   #5

if he guts the cat, he is going to need a rejet.. its going to seriously free up the exhaust about the same as throwing a straight through muffler on it..

Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #6

Quite likely.

This is the place for guidance like that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #7

Thank you and picture will be up in a day or two

It's 112 in Texas, and my garage is a convection oven with the fans. So I will post pics of LiLo tonight or tomorrow, thanks for the guidance guys.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #8

your down by houston arent you ?

i live in north austin

Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
your down by houston arent you ?

i live in north austin
Yep, in Cypress 20 miles outside of Houston. I used to visit Austin once a week, but due to job changes, I rarely get to go.

LiLo is still sitting all torn apart. I soaked the carb to see if I could free the float, I should have it running this weekend hopefully. I mean this quadf is just like Lohan, all messed up, but fixable with a little work.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #10

pics

Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #11

Pollution crap. Loads of it.

There's a vent on the top of the engine, right below the carb. Run a hose from that, direct it to the space behind the engine and point it at the ground. The same is true for the two hoses from the carb.

The photos are a bit tough to see; maybe you can show us where the hoses go now.

As previously mentioned, I'd gut the cat, but that'll take a welder. you could also search eBay for a replacement exhaust that has no catalytic converter (and maybe a performance muffler ). Like mizke says, there will be some re-jetting necessary.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #12

Got it started!!!!

Now, why nobody told me you had to have the brake secured before starting the damn thing, I have this cool tire tread design in my right thigh, and through a process of elimination figured out how to get the brake secured, and then the starter switch decided to work, now if it didn't smoke like Megan Fox's arse, I would be great. Over the next couple of weeks, I should have it tuned and ready for some dirt.

Still need a wiring diagram, and does anyone know what the black rubber thingy mounted to the back is? Looks like a rubber cap with a hole in it?

Connected to some wires, but I don't know what it does.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #13

my question is what is the container in the first picture ? ive seen it on pictures of replacement motors but have no clue what it is.. is it like a crank case vent ? my quad just has a black rubber hose coming from the smae place that thingy .. could i just go to autozone and buy a small filter to put on it..

Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #14

yep

been to Autozone for all the gas lines, fuel filter and anything not specifically quad parts. So far so good, I am going to need a battery though, and a soldering iron, the charges receptacle wires broke off, no worries, the hard part is done.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #15

autozone has batteries for atv's so does walmart.. they run about 40 bucks..