Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #31

fuel stalizer

Hello I always thought it was worst to drain the fuel and then all the jets & other stuff go dry.. I think it would be better to just get in the habit of using the fuel stalizer ALL the time.. and cut your losses and this way the fuel would stay fresh.. and protect the carb and other stuff.... and then when you want to go riding... you have gas in it .. and you are good to go

Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #32

Re: fuel stalizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
Hello I always thought it was worst to drain the fuel and then all the jets & other stuff go dry.. I think it would be better to just get in the habit of using the fuel stalizer ALL the time.. and cut your losses and this way the fuel would stay fresh.. and protect the carb and other stuff.... and then when you want to go riding... you have gas in it .. and you are good to go
It doesn't hurt anything to allow the carb to dry during prolonged periods of inactivity. Fuel stablizer works pretty well, but it is certainly expensive.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #33

It is no too expensive for me. At the end of summer I mix up a batch of fuel with stabilizer in it. (5 gallons) I run the mower with it the last couple of times of the season and keep the tank on my bike topped off. It is only during the winter season that my fuel might get too old. I also mix the Stabil when I mix gas for the string trimmer as a gallon of gas will often last the summer for me.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #34

Re: fuel stalizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
It is no too expensive for me. At the end of summer I mix up a batch of fuel with stabilizer in it. (5 gallons) I run the mower with it the last couple of times of the season and keep the tank on my bike topped off. It is only during the winter season that my fuel might get too old. I also mix the Stabil when I mix gas for the string trimmer as a gallon of gas will often last the summer for me.
I agree, mixing up a 5-gallon batch for the lawn mower, string trimmer, et cetera, at the end of the summer is not very expensive. I also don't think it is very expensive to put fuel stabilizer in a motorcycle gas tank over the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
However, I do think using fuel stabilizer "all the time" in a motorcycle engine is expensive, and unnecessary, unless you hardly ever run the bike. It certainly doesn’t hurt the carburetor to let it dry.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894