Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
i was think of making a longer upper and lower arm out of aluminum??? my gf uncle works at a aluminum shop.
That would work, but for the difference in strength you should consider 4130 cond N chromoly steel tubing, it will be stronger and lighter than aluminum ones, i used to use aluminum rods for steering and radius rods on my microsprint, i found chromoly with threaded ends welded in was much stonger and came out a bit lighter than the aluminum ones i was using prevoiusly. One thing i noticed was that the front ends on our beasts are already wider than the back, widening the front more is pretty easy, but i wish there was an easier way to widen the back out without compromising the cheapy stock hubs.
exactly. like i have no problem widening the front but finding a cheap easy way with the back is causing a little trouble. i was looking at the lambo rear axle on gio cuz i think that it may be longer but the site does not give measerments anyone have any idea if this would fit or anything?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #17

if the lambo rear end fit our atv that would be so cool, i know the front disk brakes fit our beast, but it is hard to get them from gio
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #18

i know this is for a dirt bike but with some work can it work

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CNC-Machined-With...item2306e5c00f
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #19

Quote:
i know this is for a dirt bike but with some work can it work

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CNC-Machined-With...item2306e5c00f
I think something more along the lines of a brand name quad swingarm would be the best way, then you could use the OEM bearing carrier and put a normal ATV axle it it which you can usually get in different lengths, probably the cheapest way is to get a machine shop to make a longer axle that still matches the stock layout of the sprocket and chain splines as well as the hub splines, still won't be cheap though.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #20

i new swing arm would be a really good investment but thats really not what im focusing on here i just want a wider stance

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ripper
i new swing arm would be a really good investment but thats really not what im focusing on here i just want a wider stance
I only suggested that as you can get axles in different lengths for brand name quads, find a longer axle for our beast just ain't going to happen, as i mentioned before the easiest way would be wheels with more offset. How much wider are you looking for ?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #22

im really only looking for that much of a difference i just need like 3 inches give or take on each side really

Old 05-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #23

Since you posted twice does that mean you actually want 6"

Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Since you posted twice does that mean you actually want 6"
haha sure why not lol the more the merrier right?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #25

I haven't measured the wheels but i'm going to say they are 8x8 with a 4/4 offset, those douglas wheels are around $60-$75 a pc. depending where you get them, i'm pretty sure they make them in a 6/2 offset, while that is only 2" extra each side it might be the easiest and best way to get some extra width for not alot of $$$.

EDIT, i can only seen to find the 3/5 offsets in the 8" wheels.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #26

allright thanks i will look inot that but first i think i will see if anything gio makes is compatible with the beast because the lambo rear axle is only like around 90 i think so if that is wider and fits i think i may go with that

Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ripper
allright thanks i will look inot that but first i think i will see if anything gio makes is compatible with the beast because the lambo rear axle is only like around 90 i think so if that is wider and fits i think i may go with that
If you look at the lambo rear axle it mounts in a bearing carrier similar to the one on the T3 Rebel, also wit hthe lambo being a GY6 engine the chain and brake are on opposite sides from our beasts, i'm going to say that the odds of it fitting in out beast bearing carrier will be very low.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #28

Where is waynec when you need him?

I remembered he had made some home fab'd hubs to extend his rear axl. I have found the thread but he's removed the pictures from photobucket. I wonder if this worked out for him? I've posted the thread for anyone who needs a re-read through.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...er=asc&start=0

Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #29

i would of love love to see the photo

Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #30

Quote:
i would of love love to see the photo
same