Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #1

XY400Y-2 Available!

I have some great news!

I have a line on this bike, the XY400Y-2, and can get them for $2,200 per bike. They are available immediately, and will be in my garage late next weekend. If anyone is seriously interested, let me know. Available colors are Orange with white trim, or Black with white trim.
These are 400cc water cooled, 6 speed, dual overhead cam 4 valve engines, and put out 28.7 HP. There are a total of 5 bikes available, and 2 of them are mine, so 3 available to the first people ready to jump on this deal. If I don't find buyers the the remaining 3, they will be made available on Ebay for $2,500 plus shipping. I am near St. Louis, so if you want to pick up $2,200 is your out the door price. Considering the average price for these is 3 to 4 grand, I think we may never see a better deal for a brand new 400.

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2009/03...gyue-xy400y-2/

Bore and Stroke:91mm x 59.5mm
Carburetor:30mm
Clutch:6 Plate Wet Clutch
Cooling:Liquid Cooled
Engine:4 Valve SoHC 387cc Four-Stroke
Gearing:520/ 14T x 54T
Ignition:Stator/ CDI with lighting coil
Starter:Electric Start
Transmission:6 Speed Manual Clutch
Curb Weight:316 lbs
Frame:Chromoly Closed Cradle
Fuel Capacity:2.5 gal
Ground Clearance:12"
Overall Width:33"
Seat Height:36"
Subframe:Removable, Chromoly
Swingarm:Alloy D Section, With Progressive Linkage
Wheelbase:56.5"
Front:Inverted 41mm Fork Legs
Rear:Linkage Suspension w/ Adjustable Preload and Rebound
Travel:9.25" Front/ 10" Rear
Front Brake:Hydraulic w/ 260mm Rotor
Rear Brake:Hydraulic w/ 241mm Rotor

Check out the video!!!

http://www.xingyuecanada.com/videos/...2/xy400y2.html

http://www.bandit-motorsports.com/ds...ual-sport.html

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ngyue-XY400Y-2

If you are interested in getting in on this deal, send me a PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #2

nice looking bike

Is this a quality brand of chinese bike?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #3

I quote from Websters Dictionary:

ox·y·mo·ron   /ˌɒksɪˈmɔrɒn, -ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-] Show IPA
–noun,plural-mo·ra  /-ˈmɔrə, -ˈmoʊrə/ Show Spelled[-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] Show IPA. Rhetoric.
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Old 04-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #4

do they really only have 30mm carbs? 40mm would be more like it for a 400

Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #5

It's a good thing to be skeptical, but sometimes it can keep you from making great deals. I have learned this lesson in the stock market many times. This 400 may not be the same quality as a Honda or KTM, but I bet it's damn close for about 1/3 the cost.

Yes, a smaller carb does tend to hamper performance, but on the other hand it gives you better fuel economy and more torque. Reported MPG is excellent. These bikes make a tad under 30 hp stock, so it should be plenty to embarass 250s, and just about most cars up to 60 or 70 mph.

For those who are worried about reliability, check this out...
I believe China is about 3 times the size of the US, and most of this trip is off-road.

http://www.xingyuecanada.com/videos/.../motomov2.html

I will post photos, and a review at some point after this coming weekend. All I can say is I will have mine, and I think they look awesome.

Just as a point of reference, I used to be a bike mechanic, and have owned over 50 bikes (virtually all Japanese, with a couple British, Canadian, and one previous China bike.). I am really looking forward to spending some time on one of these 400s.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #6

Current price is about half that, and this is direct from an importer. Even better, all the parts for the Pitster Pro are the same and readily available.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, just letting everyone know about this opportunity. My bet is that prices will be going up fast as the dollar loses value against the yuan. Same thing happened with Jap bikes, it will happen 10 times faster with these.... Just watch.

Now only 2 left...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #7

oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I quote from Websters Dictionary:

ox·y·mo·ron   /ˌɒksɪˈmɔrɒn, -ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-] Show IPA
–noun,plural-mo·ra  /-ˈmɔrə, -ˈmoʊrə/ Show Spelled[-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] Show IPA. Rhetoric.
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”
well i did say chinese motorcycle not just motorcycle

Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #8

i didn't see here where the bikes would be located , for anyone thinking about picking one up . seat hieght probaly to tall for me .

Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #9

As I stated in the first post, they will be in St. Louis, MO. Within reason I will deliver, or help with shipping arrangements. Yes, with a seat height of 35" these are full size adult bikes. From what I've read about this model, seat height is adjustable with the rear shock, so I'm sure you can drop it down to 250 size, although you would lose some suspension travel. It is interesting that this 400 is the exact same weight as the Hensim 250. No cold steel here, we have a Chromoly frame. Also some obvious use of high grade aluminum castings from the photos. In fact if you look carefully you will notice some really cool things. Look at the featherweight rear footpegs, and anodized fork caps. Both compression and rebound dampening are also adjustable, very nice features for a "China Bike". I will give a full report within a week of picking them up.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #10

Hell....I'd love to try one!....for 2200.00....I've spent more on a bad attorney!
Once again.....I'm locked inside the People's Republic of California. Where new ideas start.....and the government will do everything possible to kill it!" :(

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #11

LOL, my parents live in CA. It's probably not legal to BBQ there anymore.
I know they are trying to run the good old 2 stroke bikes out of there.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr99
As I stated in the first post, they will be in St. Louis, MO. Within reason I will deliver, or help with shipping arrangements. Yes, with a seat height of 35" these are full size adult bikes. From what I've read about this model, seat height is adjustable with the rear shock, so I'm sure you can drop it down to 250 size, although you would lose some suspension travel. It is interesting that this 400 is the exact same weight as the Hensim 250. No cold steel here, we have a Chromoly frame. Also some obvious use of high grade aluminum castings from the photos. In fact if you look carefully you will notice some really cool things. Look at the featherweight rear footpegs, and anodized fork caps. Both compression and rebound dampening are also adjustable, very nice features for a "China Bike". I will give a full report within a week of picking them up.

WOW totally missed it :oops:

Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Alaskan
do they really only have 30mm carbs? 40mm would be more like it for a 400
Looks like there may be room for a big power boost then. It may have been done so that it could pass epa standards.

Allen

Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #14

The KLR650 uses a 40mm carb, and there are tons of them on Ebay. Looking at the photos, the Xingyue 400 has plenty of room where the carb is. Probably the only spot on the bike that doesn't seem very tight and compact. No doubt someone will try it. It would be interesting to see what kind of top end HP it would make with a bigger carb. Personally I plan to use mine to offset high fuel prices that are on the way. My KLR650 got about 60 mpg when I took it easy, and the Xingyue 400 is rated at up to 75 mpg. Once mine is broke in, it will be interesting to see what the actual mileage is.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/klr650.php

Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #15

The right honourable Reveeen says that there's no such thing as a carb that is too small. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I speculate that if you do the math on the displacement, a 30mm carb will feed a 400 just fine. That said, I recognize that some carbs (whether larger or not) might just be of superior quality and design, thereby making more power.

Perhaps Reveeen will chime in...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer