Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

200cc Gio Beast .....Help Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ok i need some help..

this atv will not start and i have no idea why

in last post i did say there was a green one side black other side wire that seems to have no place and just hangs there its part of the wires that goes to the start button and so on but seems to have no place other then part of the grip ... (took body kit off to paint thats how i found this wire)

i have checked for spark and it does have spark

i have replaced plug with new one

i have check fuze

i have tryed to start with boster pack help

i have checked every wire for cracks and fixed any prob i could see

i have took all gas out cleaned lines and made sure carb is getin gas
(atleast in the sence its getin down the tube to the carb)

at this point the only thing i can think to try is taking the carb off and tryin to clean that but worrye i will mess it up some how any other ideas would be great..

ps: if anyone can give me picks to cleanin the carb that would help with a walk tho type thing that would be great but any ideas to get this atv workin again will be great

thanks

Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #2

An engine only needs 4 things to run. Spark, compression, mixture, and the correct timing of these events.

We know you have spark. You can check compression, as something as simple as a tight valve could be the culprit. Since the timing is set, it is unlikely to be the problem.

I know the CDI's on these units suck. Usually when they fail there is no spark, but I can imagine a failed CDI providing an incorrectly timed spark too.

You may also be getting gas to the carb, but not in the carb. A sticking (closed) needle valve comes to mind.

Try some starting fluid in the intake. If it runs the carburetor is your problem.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #3

What part of Canada you in?

Can't argue with any of FastDoc's advice.

Something stupid that W&G discovered, sometimes you need to press the red off button IN to reset it. If someone has slid it side to side to kill the motor, it needs to be reset or it won't run.

I'm ASSUMING when you press the start button it turns over and just won't catch.

Where do you have the choke lever when you're trying to start it?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #4

Scroll down far enough, and you'll find some pics here: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...=8928&start=45

Don't be intimidated by the carb; just take your time. It's really simple technology, and we'll be happy to walk you through it. The carb is the most likely culprit, IMHO. The problem is that the Beast doesn't come stock with a fuel valve, so you'll need to drain the tank or stuff something in the fuel line.

It's a good idea to add an inline valve when you have it apart. It's really wise to store or transport the quad with the fuel off.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #5

hmm not sure fast doc but im going to say it does have compression as when i took the plug out and was checkin for spark and hit the start button i got a blast of air in the face from the spark plug hole .haha as for mixture im guessin u mean gas and well its just gas nottin to mix it with..
so not sure what eles your talkin about

and im in ontario turbo t (niagara area)

as for the red button have checked it over and over but i dont really no how i could tell if that junk or not other then to unhook it but im not sure as to what wires would stop the kill/start button(red)

as for the choke i have tryed it it almost every place it will slide to from wide open to shut

im thinkin its more a carb prob tho as i have yet to see any gas come from the over fill line so just adds to my thinkin of the atv just not getin gas

but im going to pull the carb off and see if its blocked or something and clean the air intake thing other then that i have no more ideas as to anything other then just ordering new parts and hoping they work

Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #6

Did it run ok before you took the body off to paint it?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #7

it ran great when it ran its always been somewhat of a pain to start but now its not starting still have to do the carb thing tho later today or 2mor i hope

Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #8

hard starting

you say you have spark.... and you think maybe it is not getting gas... do this

remove the air filter.... open the choke... spray some quick start ( or either)... and close the choke and try to start it... if it is a gas problem .. it will try to start when you spray starting fluid in it. if it does not.. and I know you have said there was spark... I have had .. when I had spark cranking the motor.. and all of the other stuff... it was the CDI that was the problem.. it will give spark when there is no load( when testing it to the side of the block) but when you put it all together... no spark.. it will also cause the hard starting that you said that happened before you took off the body... ( just happened to get worse now).. as mention before.. 4 things to run the motor.. it get frustating when things buggy up.. but you have to do one thing at a time.. do you know some one in the area to try their CDI before you waste the time & money for another one???.. anyone near this person??? PM HIM IF YOU CAN HELP

Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #9

Re: hard starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
you say you have spark.... and you think maybe it is not getting gas... do this

remove the air filter.... open the choke... spray some quick start ( or either)... and close the choke and try to start it... if it is a gas problem .. it will try to start when you spray starting fluid in it. if it does not.. and I know you have said there was spark... I have had .. when I had spark cranking the motor.. and all of the other stuff... it was the CDI that was the problem.. it will give spark when there is no load( when testing it to the side of the block) but when you put it all together... no spark.. it will also cause the hard starting that you said that happened before you took off the body... ( just happened to get worse now).. as mention before.. 4 things to run the motor.. it get frustating when things buggy up.. but you have to do one thing at a time.. do you know some one in the area to try their CDI before you waste the time & money for another one???.. anyone near this person??? PM HIM IF YOU CAN HELP
It's why I asked him where he lived. I was prepared to give him a hand, as I have a spare CDI as well. Unfortunately he's a long drive away from me in BC here.

Good post, and helpful tips.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:20 PM   #10

just wanted to let everyone no i took off the air box thing and shot some gas up there atv fired better then it ever had pissed me off ahaha anyways so im guessin it was the carb but i did end up takein it off and all apart and cleanin it up and so on and when i put it back on it fired up like never befor sad that it runs better now then it had when i got it anyways just wanted to let you all no it works working and thank you all for your help and or tips

Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #11

Happy to hear about the good outcome.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #12

Good news! Thanks for the update.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer