Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #16

See I already learned something. Now if I could just figure out why my electric start doesn't work.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #17

I like the instrument panel. Don't think I've seen one quite like it before. Nice bike

Old 12-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #18

Thanks. I noticed that the Trailmaster 200 looks almost identical with different stickers.

http://qjlehi.tripod.com/id10.html

So I've noticed that some people look at Chinese bikes as one big brand instead of several small brands, but I really don't know what the thinking behind that is? Does that mean that Lifan, Zhongshen, etc. are all made by one parent company or does it mean that parts exchange between companies?

Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #19

I put them in three major categories:

Zongs (Yamaha-oids), Q's (Suzuki-oids) and Lifan like motorcycles. There are about a dozen importers/distributers/resellers of the Lifanoids. Most are 200cc OHV engines and very similar except for decals, and sometimes subtle bodywork differences.

Zongs and Q's are distinct, although even that gets cloudy. For instance an older Q, the Sierra, I believe, was made by Zong. Also, Q does not really make the bikes, they are made by a firm called Quingue or something like that. That firm also makes Suzuki's less than 200cc. So, it's complicated.

I think your bike is a Lifanoid, but I'm not sure from the picture. If it is, it has some different parts like the handlebar gear ind instruments.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #20

Look at the pics in the link for the Trailmaster & it is identical other than graphics. If it is a "Lifanoid" this means I should be looking for Lifan replacement parts when the time comes, correct? Now that you pointed it out, my bike does look suspiciously similar to the Lifan pics I've seen other than the headlight.

Sorry for all of the questions. I used search & did find answers to a few things I was wondering about, I'm just addicted to knowledge when I get into something . Hopefully one day I can return the favor by answering questions for other newbs.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #21

Welcome! That is a very good looking motorcycle. It does appear that your motorcycle is Lifan clone, and it should employ Lifan/Honda parts.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #22

that's an awesome looking little bike!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #23

Thanks for the compliment. It's actually bigger than it appears. I have a 32" inseam & my feet barely touch the ground. I love the thing though.