Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #1

Want to buy Lifan Style enduro but it has 250 Zongshen?!?!

Hi Guys, I'm new to the sight and have been following it for a few weeks as I am making up my mind on what dual purpose bike to buy?? I live on Vancouver Island and it has 1000's of dirt logging roads that lead to good Rainbow fishing holes!! I want to buy this bike for work travel (5km) and for fishing treks, it is a carbon copy of a "Honda CRF250X" so the dealer says, it's called the X-RAGE Lifan Style 250-6 Here is the link to the web site and you have to select Lifan style 250-6 http://www.x-rage.ca/DirtBikes.html . My problem lies in that I don't know much about Zongshen and that's the make of the motor. I have yet to find any info on the Zongshen 250 motor only the V-Twin. He tells me $2000 Cdn taxes in and I pick it up at his warehouse! Would it be better to pursue a true Lifan 200cc that I can get for $1700 or pay the extra $300 and get a 250cc with inverted forks?? He tells me he has all the parts needed for repairs. Help me guys!! [/url]

Old 03-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #2

Zongshen makes pretty much all the China motors that Lifan doesn't. They make the OHC 200 in my Roketa. Great engines. Go for it man!!!

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #3

hey, i have a 250 zongshen dirt bike its great only problem ive had is a broken throttle cable motors are great very strong i highly recommend the zongshen.
thats the first time ive seen that bike i like that it has the 21/18 wheel combo mine only has 19/16 combo im thinking of changing it. the prices on theat sight seem a little high though for a china bike. good luck.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #4

Ridgeline, Fellow BC'er,
I too looked at x-rage and ended up with the Lifan 200 due to proximity. There is a dealer in Langley that had the lifans and the X-rage dealer near me wanted more money for the 250 non dual sport ( they didn't have the dual sport available yet).
My buddy bought the Lifan and I was impressed with what he got for the little he paid. We had been talking about getting back into riding for years and when he phoned me to tell me he impusled bought a china bike I just about fell outta my truck.
for me it was all about the money and how I was going to explain the couple grand I spent to the wife My wife would've spazzed had I come home with a CRF450 dual sport and $9,000 missing from our account.

the cheapest dual sport I could find that was local enough for me was the Lifan.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #5

I would get a dual sport in place of a dirt bike. That 250 doesn't look street legal

Old 03-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #6

The guy who sells them tells me he throws in the street kit to go with it. He told me it's all pre-wired and everything bolts on ( you guys think this is true?). I guess I could call him and ask him once again to make sure! If you look at the pics of the bike on the web site he has some that are ready for the street with the kit bolted on, I think it's red in color?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #7

Possibly but does it have all the paperwork to get you legal with the gov't? Has he sold one to anyone else that has it legal and on the street?

Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #8

yeah i'm not too sure how much i like the idea of making it street legal. but then again i guess if you ask for a mso and tell them that you made it street legal i'd see no reason that if they sent you a mso for a road bike why you couldn't register it.

another thing is the tires.... on the pavment you're going to eat up those knobbies quick, the lifan bike has much better tires for street riding. plus to isn't the power differnce between a 200 a 250 only like 2 hp?

Old 03-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #9

heres one that i dont think is street legal but looks like it would be easy to change over. i think the price looks a little better too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 03-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #10

Ridgeline, the zongshens are dead on. My 169fml is truly akin to a sewing machine.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #11

By the sounds and look of things so far I might as well buy a Lifan and not have any heartaches in trying to make the X-Rage street legal! The Lifan has the same horsepower and torque as the 250 X-Rage and it seems that Lifan has a bigger following for the moment and parts are alot more accessible to come by. I will have to ask Molypod from BC where he got his Lifan because the dealer closest to me sells them but his don't have inverted forks like Molypod's, he has the Classic flexible rubber boot style forks... which would be my preference! This question now comes to me... Inverted forks or the Classic RUBBER Flex Boot, which way to go for the Lifan since it can be bought with either!?!?

Old 03-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #12

As uncomfortable as the Lifan guys here say their Lifans are, I would venture to say that they would be more comfortable for the street than converting this bike to street legal would be; that is if you are planning to ride streets primarily, with some trails thrown in.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #13

Dealer locations

Cost to Coast

I bought mine at Supersport Motorcycle Works Ltd. in Langley, got all the paper work and trailered the bike a couple blocks down the road to the Insurance agency and insured it in five minutes a bit over $300 for a years Insurance and they didn't even look at the bike. Hour's drive later I was home and drivng around town on the bike then hit the dirt that afternoon.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #14

Hey Molypod, you mind me asking what the total damage was for your Lifan?

Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #15

$2399 inverted forks, dual disc brakes and hand guards
my Buddy paid $2799 for the same bike but with regular shocks & no hand guards.