Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #1

QLink Service and Owner's Manuals

I received a request from FastDoc to post links to the Qlink Service and Owner's Manuals; here they are.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/downloads...Portuguese.pdf
http://www.mychinamoto.com/downloads...S%20MANUAL.pdf

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #2

Spud, I have the parts manual in English I'd like posted. That's not currently on the site.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Spud, I have the parts manual in English I'd like posted. That's not currently on the site.
Is the QLink Parts Manual in printed, or digital format, Doc?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #4

PDF, fresh from the factory. It looks like a good resource.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
PDF, fresh from the factory. It looks like a good resource.
Thank you, Doc. I will check to see if we can find storage space to host the file here.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #6

That service manual is quite magnificent but I'm afraid it's in Portuguese.

It was written for the STX 200 Motard Sundown motorcycle, this is the name given to this range by the Brasilian "Companhia Brasileira de Bicicletas" that has the Sundown Motos motorcycle brand, in a joint venture with Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Company.

However Qlink now has a manual for sale, presumably in English, for some $75. See this link:

http://store.qlinkmotor.com/products...XP/1658.0.1.1?
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #7

I have the parts, not the service manual. It's in English.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #8

Wow QingQi is selling under alot of brands.

I see them selling in Great Britian as a Pulse Adrenaline but with 125cc engines.

Whats the difference with the forks, the inverted and then standard? Whats better? Then why are the inverted gold colored? Why not brushed aluminum or black?

http://www.sundownnet.com.br/site/en/motos/www/

Old 01-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #9

http://www.stx.com.br/stxmotard/

I am also noticing that the Sundown version is using an adjustable nitrogen shock in the rear of the STX.
The STX is Sundowns version of XP200 Qlink, QingQi Liger

Front Suspension: Telescopic fork, spring, and oil, 220 mm
- Rear shock absorber with nitrogen chamber, spring pre-load adjustment and unibol

A little different….

But then on the Motard version they use the the inverted shocks and are only 190mm

That makes me wonder...can I put 190 mm forks on mine and then a 18 inch rim and tire? Then I would have 18 front and back and could fatten the tires. That be at least a grand maybe more? I loose off road capablity and gain on road.

The hard part is the front rim, the hub would have to be retained...never mind it all would violate the warranty. The 18 inch have a variety of street tires. Can you buy spokes? The rear spokes would not work and the 21inch spokes would be to long.

The result would be a taller bike then the current motard, about 4 inches taller.

The rear suspension if it was adjustable it could be droped down? My concern is that the bike seat go over 35.7with a bigger tire in back. Thats already a high seat add to the tire will raise the seat height.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #10

Frostbite has provided storage space to host your QLink Parts Manual, Doc. If you send me the the PDF file, I will upload it to the web server.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #11

Oengus:

Whats the difference with the forks, the inverted and then standard? Whats better?

As far as I can figure: bragging rights.
A well designed, and constructed, fork is well designed, and constructed, fork, the function for most end use will be the same. There will be differences in un-sprung weight, and overall weight. Depending on the end use, you trade strength for weight, more material (of the same type) is usually stronger (if well designed), but remember you need less strength on the street, than on the trail.

Then why are the inverted gold colored? Why not brushed aluminum or black?

Gold forks is "this year's colour", maybe they will be black next year?

can I put 190 mm forks on mine and then a 18 inch rim and tire?

Fork tubes of the same diameter will fit in your trees, or you change the trees to match the desired fork tubes, I'm not sure where you are trying to go with all this.......if I had inverted forks on a bike, and wished them shorter I would drop them through the trees. (maybe using clip-ons on the protruding stubs, it depends on what I was building)

could fatten the tires

Fat tires are good, but it will take some trial and error (and maybe buying a few different sizes) to get the combo "right" (remembering a fatter front slows the steering).

The rear suspension if it was adjustable it could be dropped down?

The easiest way to drop the rear is with a shorter shock. We have to remember that lowering the rear increases the rake. It seems to me that most street "sport" bikes use a neck rake of 27.5 degrees @ 200lb load. This should be your beginning point, so I would buy a shorter rear shock to give me my desired ground clearance, then I would "dial in" my front suspension height to give me my desired rake. If I could not get my rake right I would take a slice out of the frame.

We have to remember too: fast, good handling, bikes are not heavy. Every modification you make should be stronger than what was there before, but lighter (if possible) too.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Wow QingQi is selling under alot of brands.

I see them selling in Great Britian as a Pulse Adrenaline but with 125cc engines.

Whats the difference with the forks, the inverted and then standard? Whats better? Then why are the inverted gold colored? Why not brushed aluminum or black?

http://www.sundownnet.com.br/site/en/motos/www/
All else being equal, inverted forks are stronger/stiffer because the thicker part of the tube is where the maximum leverage is, close to the steering stem. Also, it centralizes weight, which is not a factor in our underpowered little machines. The gold color is anodization, a process which protects the aluminum from oxidation. Plus it looks cool.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Frostbite has provided storage space to host your QLink Parts Manual, Doc. If you send me the the PDF file, I will upload it to the web server.

Spud
That will help some people out gentlemen, thanks. One mistake I made, its an xls format, Excell?

I don't see how I can attach it to the PM system, so if you can PM me an email to send it to I'll git 'er done.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider

Spud
That will help some people out gentlemen, thanks. One mistake I made, its an xls format, Excell?

I don't see how I can attach it to the PM system, so if you can PM me an email to send it to I'll git 'er done.
I sent you an email, Doc. As always, thank you for helping your fellow China Riders.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #15

It's in the (e)mail!