Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #31

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM

I bought the mdl to take with me on jobs, it looked light weight, and looked perfect. and it was cheap. I figured buying new also meant dependablity-WRONG. the motor seems sound, and after break in it has more power then when I first got it. however, the electricial system sucks. first the headlight went out. had to rewire, and convert to a different bulb. then there is the bolt up problems, the bolts fell off faster than I could replace and lock tight them. then the exhaust pipe leaks, which who cares, but still. it is a new bike, not quit 1000 miles if that, 1300 km whatever that is. I use a gps to monitor my speed. but then it just died for no reason. I am no mechanic, but I can do the basics, there is no spark. no damage to the wiring, no fuses or links. just no power to the coil. or rather a very weak one. and believe me, there is no just bypassing and feeding it power directly. of course I know all this because I had to strip all the dressing off. not being chinese, my big hands don't fit in there. oh yes, and apparently the horn wire grounded out somehow and melted the pvc hose or what ever it is called that sucks the blow by out of the crack case. yeah it didn't melt a hole in the gas tank, how it didn't I'll never know, it was melted to it. so be warned, this bike can suddenly catch on fire. other than that, I got great mileage for about three weeks. at least 60-80 mpg. and it came with a 58 tooth sprocket, and I put a 46 tooth one on and increased the speed to a max of 59 mph. I ordered hand guards, and put moto stickers on it dressing it up. now this! I wouldn't care except I am 800 miles from home, and my truck is in the shop getting a new motor. so now, I may just buy a damn klr 650 and be done with it. fix the mdl and sell it before it causes me more hassles. so what happened with the new cdi ? I really need to know.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #32

The new CDI solved my problem. They were so inexpensive i bought 2 to have a spare but ended up selling the bike shortly after. Funny you mention buying a KLR because that is exactly what i did.