Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #16

I paid $20 over the counter at Clearbrook Yamaha. Do the research first at http://www.unifilter.com/online%20ca...universal.html and choose a dual layer filter. Take that part number in to a local bike shop, and they'll order it from Steen Hansen or Parts Canada.

You're in Abby often enough that you could order from Clearbrook.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #17

I will measure the hole and find out what size I need. I do think I would need the angled one as that is what is on there. What I saw was frightening need to do this before the next ride. How long does it take them to bring them in on order?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #18

It depends on the dealer. Some won't place the supplier order until they have sufficient customer orders to justify the shipping. Others (like Clearbrook Yamaha) order right away, IME.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #19

Would the uni pod be better than a K&N?

I was in Lordco today they have one they could order which would fit a honda 50/70, which I believe this engine family is based on. The ID on the flange was 27mm.

Due to the torrential rain today didn't venture outside to remove it again to measure.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #20

I'd take the Uni anyday for off-roading. The dual layer foam really does the trick.

I don't buy any specifically recommended cleaning agents for our filters. I use Castrol Super Clean, simply because it works, and because I always have some around.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I'd take the Uni anyday for off-roading. The dual layer foam really does the trick.

I don't buy any specifically recommended cleaning agents for our filters. I use Castrol Super Clean, simply because it works, and because I always have some around.
I will try to source a uni here then as well, as it just looked better from the pictures and what I saw of the K&N.

Careful with the Super Clean. I inhaled the mist once while cleaning in the old shop, gave myself a pretty good lung burn and had to get a puffer. Only time in my life I really did something bad to myself in there. Cleans like a hot damn but I wouldn't touch that stuff since.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #22

I use it outdoors only. It stinks, but it really works.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I use it outdoors only. It stinks, but it really works.
No argument from me on either front.