Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #1

Splitfire Performance Ignition Wire

Hi to all the China riders out there. Question for y'all. At the end of this post is the link to the wire I'm needing help with.

According to Giobikes this performance wire works on any toy they sell. It is supposed to provide low resistance current path, allowing maximum voltage to reach the plug for enhanced engine performance & power with improved gas mileage.

Do you think this is the case or is it a waste of my hard earned $$? If I did buy it I would have to modify it to fit my 49cc pocket quad.

And now to my second question...........how the heck does one modify an ignition wire.........I get that you can cut it to size but once you cut a chunk out of it how do you safely connect it back together again? Also am I supposed to somehow remove the end that is moulded into my coil? If so, does anyone have any tips on how to do this withough wrecking the coil and then how to re-mould the new wire back into place.

I know it's a lot of info to ask so I hope there is a kind person out there who doesn't mind taking a few minutes to help a fellow China rider. Take care.

http://www.giobikes.com/Auction/23699/Performance-Wire/[/img]

Old 08-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #2

I don't know if you are going to see much of a difference on a 49cc quad. Money would be better spent on carb and exhaust mods in my opinion. Then when it comes time for more power get more CCs.

Allen

Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #3

1) I would not waste my money on un-known quality ignition wire wire.

2) if the wire is molded in the coil it is not replaceable.

3) GIO has a "racing" GY6 coil/wire that will work, it is well made, but I question the benefit.

4) assuming you have a 50cc 4 stroke quad the biggest performance improvement is stuff a bigger motor in it, any horizontal Honda clone will fit it, up to a 170cc racing motor, depending on transmission type (manual/auto), and you may have to change a sprocket/chain.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #4

The wire is not really molded into the coil. There might be a dab of silicone where the wire meets the coil, but that's it. On your stock machine, you can remove the coil assembly and then unscew the spark plug wire from the coil. The coil has a stud that the coil wire screws on to.

You can likely see an increase in performance by upgrading the wire. You can find NGK plug wires at Crappy Tire; just make sure to get the type that matches your plug (stud vs. nut).

Once you remove the stock plug wire from the coil and have cut the new NGK wire to length, measure the impedance (resistance) on both wires. You'll likely find about 1000 ohms difference.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #5

i dont know the quality as far as performance but the coils i have are marked splitfire. and they look and feel quality. just a clue they arent expensive and if yours is the normal china bike you can get a coil with a wire and plug cap soon (i hope) but also know they came with my last order that was direct from china 8O yes made in china splitfire
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 08-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #6

Hello my fellow China riders. A big thanks to all of you who responded to my question. I really appreaciate the help. Take care.