Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
You should try to contact Hensim and tell them the forums are lighting up with displeasure to your story. Be respectful but see if they are willing to help. If you get to the right people, you should get some satisfaction. I am willing to spread the word on your situation, but first you try to get some help from Hensim.
Thanks, well, we'll see about hensim. I emailed them already and haven't heard a word back when I was just asking for parts or their service center in this area if they have one and not received a word yet in a week. I'll try calling, but I think we all know what they will say, it's not their bike anymore or their problem when sold under an OEM name. Same as any other company would do... (But then again it is their bike that's getting a bad rep here and sure as this will cost them sales.)

There was an exact same bike that was finished ahead of mine at the repair center with the same exact problem coincidentally and I asked the tech about it and he said it's common so we aren't talking about one isolated incident. Also that owner PAID for his repair. (I don't know how much it was or what was done they wouldn't say.)

If it is something bent I'd have to replace it or it would just bend again. I never was hard on the thing, I didn't do anything that would have broken a real bike. Didn't do anything that anyone could remotely call abuse it's just got a weak point inherent in how it's built or assembled and nobody wants to stand up and admit it.
I wonder if the gears are even hardened or stuff like that, for all I know the shift forks aren't hardened steel either. It had no reason to bend from my use I'm a 40 year old man who bought a 250cc cruiser to just poke around on, not some teenager out there trying to rip up the dirt and race on the street. Never even pushed the speed hard I was letting the engine break in properly.

If nothing else it will cost the part that started it and a complete gasket set and whatever special tools or gear pullers or flywheel puller I need plus any gears that may have been worn from the slipping. Plus probably 10 hours of time or more since I have no manual or anything and no experience going this deep into a motorcycle engine. Plus if I went that far I'd probably replace the timing chain with a higher quality one just while I was in there.

But I bet it did damage to the gears when it slipped in and out if the gears if the gears are as weak as the shift mechanism is.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #122

Let Hensim now and embellish a bit about the forums that are having this discussion. They have a lot to gain by helping you out. You just have to get to the right person.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #123

A few days ago I changed the oil and used 5W40 Rotlella Synthetic. I have some shifting improvement but it is far from good. I have never been able to get it into neutral while the engine is running and still can't. I did some experimenting and found that when the engine is off I put it in first gear, held the clutch in and I get a fair amount of drag on the clutch, it is not disengaging all the way. Several adjustments have not helped. Any idea what my problem is?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #124

Mine has drag too even when the lever admustment and motor end adjustment are all the way out. I haven't tried to fix that yet since it won't fix my problem, at least not the slipping out of gear part of my problem.

Going into neutral seems difficult at best for everyone on this bike. It took a lot of fiddling for me to get neutral while running and most of the time I'd just give up and hold the clutch in instead.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #125

Today I studied it a bit. I have what appears to be full disengagement with a full inch of pull left on the clutch lever. But having said that I still can not get full disengagement, but it is enough to stand at idol, but not good enough to get into neutral with the engine running.

Does anyone else know anyone who has one of these, I am wondering if this is a design problem? Sounds like it.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #126

I have a couple of related issues that have come up. When I raise the back wheel off the ground, I can turn the tire and my chain goes from being tight to loose. The problem appears to be the actual front sprocket, that came with the bike. I can't say for sure but I think the saddle or low part of the teeth on one side of the sprocket are not ground deep enough, and therefor make the chain tight every revolution of that sprocket. I have put a dial indicator on the shaft and it is not bent. I have determined that the chain is not kinked or tight in spots. Any thoughts?

The other problem is my swing arm is not straight on the bike. This causes the chain to run sideways. If I put a straight edge from the front sprocket to the back sprocket, it shows close to a quarter inch alignment problem, even when the sprockets are true in line. My solution might be to cut off the spacer on one side and ad it to the other. Any thoughts?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #127

How old is the chain, and is it made in China?

Its possible that the links are giving out individualy...cheap Chinese steel.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #128

Maybe I will change the chain, but it seems to be good. Thanks for the comments.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #129

I was going to say chain also...
And the swingarm moves on mine it's loose and was loose since day one. It's as if they are using the wrong sized bushings.

You will probably notice yours moves side to side and front to back. Lock the back brakes and try moving the bike forward and backwards and side to side.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #130

Good suggestion, I will give it a try. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #131

Tonight I took the front sprocket off and put it in a lathe and found the center is off about 17 thousands of an inch. I ground it to fix the problem. I am concerned about my rear sprocket, it is close to a quarter of an inch out of line with the front sprocket. I am considering moving it by cutting off one spacer and adding it to the other side. Many of you may not thing this is important but it wants to ride up on the inside of the front sprocket.

Can I shim or adjust the swing arm?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #132

Hi there. I am reading this thread with interest, as I am in China and I ride a Honda Rebel.

First, a little history.

Sundiro started a joint venture with Honda to produce Honda Rebels. Suddenly, most factories in China were making identical copies. Note that Asia/Pacific Honda Rebels are a little different from NA/Europe ones, in that the Asian ones have dual carbs, pipes on the right and the brake disk on the left. They have a little more power than an NA/Europe Rebel, and a slightly different chain and transmission.

That said, my genuine, Japanese made Rebel had many of the same problems as you are describing with the Hensim. Getting it in Neutral while running was difficult, the clutch didn't engage properly and it would very occasionally pop out of gear.

The quality is extremely variable on these Rebel knockoffs, with some companies producing crap. Others, like Lifeng (Johnny Pag in US, Regal Raptor elsewhere) make copies arguably superior to Honda made ones.

I would suggest if the tranny appears busted, you probably have a slightly bent shifter fork. I had mine fixed here in China for 50 rmb (divide by 7 for USD). It's a trivial repair, and probably worth doing.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #133

Fascinating comments, thanks. I will do some more research later when I have time.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #134

I have been blaming my chain for a thumping noise for along time. Tonight I was in the country at the top of a hill, so I decided to shut off the engine and coast. I was coming to a corner and the thump was there but when I used the front brake lightly, the thumping stopped. I tried this several times and each time is went quite.

I put a dial indicator on the front brake rotor and found it a bit out of round. I think I can shim it if anyone thinks that the thumping is caused by the rotor bumping against the brake pads. Any thoughts.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #135

Just a little update on my Hensim 250 cruiser. I like the bike, it starts and runs good. It has a transmission issue. I shift it gently and I am careful not to abuse the transmission. It sometimes shifts perfectly but I have a shift issue every 8th shift on average. The shift foot lever does not come back to the mid range and does not reset itself to the proper place between shifts. This only happens occasionally but it is often.

I am using a good 5W40 full synthetic and I guess I would say that has not helped. In general I am happy with the bike, but I don't think I would buy one again. I suppose I should tell you that I used to have a Honda about the same size, and as always it was flawless. I am not going back though, I am looking for the day when these china bikes set the standard. It is not the china bike I like, it is the price!

In the future I will only post on this thread if there is some significant issue.