Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #1

200cc Gio Beast Battery Probs and Brake Prob Plz Help

so this battery on my atv will not hold a charge no idea why i have put the acid that came with atv in key is always off but never stays full soon as its shut off it seems to be dead use a battery charger and it fires right up shut it off dead again .. dont no what to do wonderin if bat is just junk and need a new one or if i could add water like u would for other bats like a car any help on that would be great

also the back brakes on this atv dont seem to work like at all i have tryed to fix it by the bolt like thing on the brake unit it self as i would with my rm but nottin.. can push it right down and ya nottin could it need new pads or is there some other thing i can try ...

other then that the atv is a blast well worth the money but that bat prob is going to drive me nuts anyways any help would be great ..

Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #2

Most likely the battery is bad. If it doesn't take/hold a charge then replace it with a new one.

Have you tried bleeding the brakes?

Allen

Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #3

ya i was guessin the bat was junk but kinda wanted to make sure since the atv is only 2-3 weeks old.. and aint worked since i got it lol... and have not tryed to bleed the brakes but thats a good idea to try thanks..

Old 06-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #4

I hear it is common for the chinese batteries to be dead on arrival. I was lucky mine worked, but I don't think they are expensive. Replace it and you should be good to go.

As for the brakes, sounds like a bleed problem as Kato mentioned. Gio is good for looking after you so if you think you need parts just let him know.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #5

well this one has had probs from the get go other then first time it started right up put it away next mor it was dead... since then u boost it starts works great sometimes even works again after ride leave over night dead again sometimes just leave it sitin to long in like the drive way its dead very odd but i think i will just get a new bat and try that way but even with gio willin to send replace ment parts shipping on it is just as much to get my own in town so will try that and see if that helps if not i will have to find out whats going on and get gio to send parts .. as for brakes i will try the bleed and let everyone know if that helps cant see how they are bad already its only max 3 weeks old but who knows

Old 06-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #6

so not sure this will help anyone bc i still aint sure its my hole prob but took bat out today and was going to have it looked at befor i got a new one and when i pulled it out there was acid dripin all over the place it seems there is a little red cap on the right side that was missin could that be part of the prob im sure it is but emailed gio and waitin on them to reply back

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBadBoy
so not sure this will help anyone bc i still aint sure its my hole prob but took bat out today and was going to have it looked at befor i got a new one and when i pulled it out there was acid dripin all over the place it seems there is a little red cap on the right side that was missin could that be part of the prob im sure it is but emailed gio and waitin on them to reply back
Is this red cap covering a nozzle pointing down (like a 1/4" hose is supposed to attach to it), or is it covering a hole on the top of the battery where you would add water?

The battery that came with my quad didn't have a hose connected to the down pointing nozzle and squirted out acid on every ride. Strangely only one cell out of six ever lost liquid. The acid was dripping out the bottom of the battery compartment and corroding all the suspension parts underneath. I replaced the battery with a wall mart motorcycle battery for about $30.

I installed a hose on the down pointing nozzle for the new battery, and routed it to dump any expelled fluid onto the ground underneath the quad past any metal parts. But the new battery doesn't spit up at all. I've got 50 or so hours on the new battery and haven't had to add water once. I think my first battery was just defective..

If your missing a cap where you are supposed to add water that is another story. Acid can just splash out of those holes.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #8

little red cap on the right side if the bat was installed in atv .. it was missin i guess and acid would poor out of it im guessin why ridein did not relize it was even happenin untill i went to take bat out to have it tested... however i did relize the day befor i took it out that something was going on bc the ground wire thing that hooks to it was getin all messed up with like acid i guess as a car bat does .. but i took it out cleaned up all the acid gio said they would send a new one but going to just pick on up and hope it works this time...

as for the brake prob im going to do the bleed as people think i should and see what happens (gio said nottin about sendin anyt brake parts) so we shell see but thanks again to everyone who helped point me the right way about this bat prob and givein me some ideas about brakes