Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #1

Bike Pics **(thanks to all who helped)

Ok here are the picks of general bike and the shift position sensor where the leak occurred right near the gear sprocket under the sprocket cover housing.

the others are just general pics for you guys finally figure out how to do
that too. woo hoo

http://picasaweb.google.com/undertul...06130354110450
http://picasaweb.google.com/undertul...06317185014722
http://picasaweb.google.com/undertul...06375654257890
http://picasaweb.google.com/undertul...06225782688866

more coming soon.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #2

Identical to mine, except mine has more cuts scrapes and bruises.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #3

Good to see yet another Hsun owner. I too have the same bike only in High Output red

Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #4

Hmmm, I have the same motor designation, but don't have the two tone seat, my mirrors are different, and my engine id starts with 08. Also, you apparently don't have the neato beer, i mean tool carrying fake silencer on the left side hehehe.

So... do you have the "Tomoto" sticker on the swingarm?

seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #5

my mirrors came from a kung fu that was the dealers customer who left his bike and a 1200 bill, the ones that came with mine were stolen off the bike sitting in front of the store. Yeah ditched the fake muffler, but it would be excellent for carrying _ _ _ _ *(4 letters not beer) Ha!

Tomoto sticker? no ??? not sure if your hacking on me or not? 8O

even with all the work is your motor still pretty loud?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #6

The Tomoto is the importer, i think i see the sicker in your pics, it's on the right side of the swing arm. It has the incorrect spark plug gap and says the bike is liquid cooled. I took mine off with the pressure washer.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #7

If you remove the sticker, is it still liquid cooled?

BTW, in reference to your other post, I softened the preload on mine after the initial test ride. :P

Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
If you remove the sticker, is it still liquid cooled?

I removed it with liquid and it is cooler not to have an incorrect sticker on the bike so i guess you could say it is liquid cooled. :wink:

Of course oil is a liquid and it runs cooler with it so in hindsight maybe it is liquid cooled. :?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #9

hmmm, that fake silencer was for the tool kit. Where do you keep yours now?

seer.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #10

shelf

the fake muffler is on a shelf in my garage?

I will never use it thinking of melting it down and making a necklace for my ex wife.

:twisted:

Old 06-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #11

made a little

made a little kit and fabed under the seat between the wires.

got a AAA membership.

removed kick starter as i like to risk it all.

humm. :?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #12

weeeeeeellll.

hmmm. Since I began riding when there was NO electric starting, let me tell you why I think its the cat's azz on a trail bike, and very well illustrated by my first day out on a big trail in the oregon mountains.

I was thrashing my way up a very very VERY steep and heavily overgrown trail, tearing thru brush, jumping over logs, etc. and if you stopped, no way would the front brake hold you on the hill. Bike and all would just slide down backwards. Now, unless you're like 7 feet tall and can easily stand up straddling a bike with a 36" high saddle, as soon as that bike starts sliding backwards, you're going to loose footing and down you and the bike go, azz oles and elbows so to speak...NOT FUN!!! ask any hill climb competitor. HOWEVER, with electric start, you stab into first gear, kill the motor and you have a real good chance of keeping the bike from sliding back down as the rear wheel digs in and bites. This lets you manuever hanging off to one side so as to angle the bike, put out the kickstand on the uphill side and wedge the bike into the hill etc. pretty darn stable too. Now you climb off, go cut the offending brush out of the way, come back down the hill, swing a leg over get situated, leave the bike in gear, pull in the clutch, hit the starter and away you go right on up the hill.

Think about trying that on the side of a hill, holding the bike whiile you jump up to kick it over and its trying to roll back down the hill cause you have to use your rear brake foot to kick it etc. and all of a sudden the few extra pounds for the kickstarter start to look REAL insignificant

but that's just me

good luck

seer

Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #13

on the other hand good sir... on the Street/Enduro end of it the Kickstarter is very handy when A: Its Cold and you need a more than a few kicks or turns-over and your battery is dieing or B: Your battery is dead for whatever reason or is on its way out and those few dead cells leave you stranded... Always put both on a bike where you can-- thats my thought and my philosophy is be prepared for anything ^_^

Old 06-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #14

you both definatly good points, will consider in my final decision, still considering, tired of it blowing out and catching on my knee. maybe i should just rubber band it up?

Old 06-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #15

I think you can run some kind of limiter on it, but do NOT put pressure on it so that it is under tension while riding. you will hear it grinding the shaft.

seer