Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #16

hooper imports

I just got off the phone with hooper imports . They actually took the time to talk to me about my bike . I am going to send them an email and get a prices for everything i need . The guy on the phone was really helpful . he gave me alot of info on stuff that i really had no idea about . so thank ya'll and i will post back with the results

Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #17

Glad to hear about Hooper being able to help. His prices are not the cheapest, but I think he provides great service.

It is hard to say who because so many have gone out of business too.

Allen

Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #18

I hear ya . he seemed reasonable on the phone . just hard to say . i know scooter parts said 250 dollars and that was way outrageous . i would just make it a dirt bike for that kind of price .

Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianc9306
I just got off the phone with hooper imports . They actually took the time to talk to me about my bike . I am going to send them an email and get a prices for everything i need . The guy on the phone was really helpful . he gave me alot of info on stuff that i really had no idea about . so thank ya'll and i will post back with the results
That is great news! Based upon everything I have heard, I believe Larry Hooper is a fine gentleman. Thank you for your positive report on his dealer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianc9306
I hear ya . he seemed reasonable on the phone . just hard to say . i know scooter parts said 250 dollars and that was way outrageous . i would just make it a dirt bike for that kind of price .
I am truly sorry to hear you had a bad experience with ScooterParts. That particular “dealer” has been banned from this website several times under different aliases. :evil: The moderator team is now constantly vigilant to prevent his deceptive reincarnations. :mad: I am truly sorry you encountered him with your very first attempt to find parts for your disabled motorcycle. :( However, I am also very glad you persevered!

You have found a good group of people on this forum. The vast majority of our members are helpful, polite people who are eager to help others. Please do keep us informed of your progress in restoring your bike to operating condition. Also, please do know that all of us certainly wish for your complete success, and we are happy to help.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #20

Hooper is a good guy, from the few times I have contacted him. He has been around awhile, which is good from a longevity point of view, especially in dealing in Chinese bikes.

Forchetto and FastDoc, Qingqi has come a long way (or were always doing decently well), but just a few years ago, an importer gave them a bad name in the US with their scooters. Once they broke down, the distributor had already been out of business, so the scooters, and the Qingqi name, were frowned upon here.

I do think that Qingqi being a Chinese state company might have something to do with them not being the best marketers of their own products, or finding good distribution channels, such as teaming up with Suzuki. They do have that Peugeut (sp?) connection with that one 200cc naked bike, I thought, however.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #21

the above fleaBay clutch cable looks very close to mine. I know it says pit bike but 1100mm should be long enough. Worth measuring what you need and dropping these guys an email. - it's only going to be $15 or so inc post I would have thought.

Frog

Or possibly this one..... 220409909872

Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #22

thank you again

as far as the clutch cable goes , my cable is fine from what hooper told me . the clip that connects the cable to the clutch arm is what broke and went missing . he told me that is actually part of the clutch arm assembly and that is what i'll need