Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #1

Need correct fit front counter sprocket

I need a front counter sprocket for my 2005 Roketa 200 RSM enduro. Its based on the Lifan GY5 OHV motor. Are the counter sprokets listed for various Hondas on this site the correct ones to use? I just wiped out my new 428 chain,the front 34-17 sprocket,retainer ,part of the sprocket cover and almost myself. Good thing this happened on a dirt road as the rear wheel locked up when I was down shifting going around a curve at about 30mph. Had to push the bike home about 2 miles backwards on the dirt road . After removing the sproket cover I went back to the rear sprocket. Problem #2. The rear Jt-45 sprocket has alot of side to side play as it seams the C-clip ring no longer holds it flush to the hub. The clip or the gruve it sits in is worn out. I will fix this by taping the existing 4-hloes in the hub and bolt the sprocket to the hub itself. I will also put a new C-clip ring on as a backup. Im sure the play in the rear sproket didnt help the front sproket. The chain was tight when this all happened. Even when the front sprocket was new some 250mi ago it had a fair amount of front to back play in it while mounted on the engine shaft. I will cut the bent link out , repair it with a master link and hopefully be able to reuse my new chain and rear sproket. I want to keep this running any ideas or help is welcome. Thanks, Chris.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 AM   #2

When you say "front to back play" (on the front sprocket), do you mean that it's loose on the splines? I ask as there's 2 spline sizes, 4mm and 5mm. I've only seen the 4mm spline on 125cc bikes, but you never know. If a 5mm spline front sprocket has been fitted to a 4mm splined shaft it will be VERY loose. I find the JT Sprocket web site very helpful with different dimentions. A 4mm spline sprocket is a JTF 259-** and the 5mm spline is JTF 264-**, (**= no. of teeth).

Jonathan.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #3

What your saying makes sence. Yes I placed my order for the counter sprocket believing that I needed the 5mm style. I will reorder requesting a 4mm sprocket. Thanks for that good info. Chris.