Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #1

Anyone Have Loncin 300 Liq Cooled or Vbike 300 Monster?

Well, everybody, just sold my Vbike v4sw (and actually made a few bucks on it!!)- hated to see it go- it was an AWESOME bike, but I need something to which I can attach a substantial hitch and that has full fenders that'll keep the cow crap off of me!!

So I'm considering the Vbike "300 Monster"
http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=s...s=&pz=&scid=40

It has the Loncin 300cc water-cooled motor. Do any of you have this bike or any bike with this motor? I know the Lifan motors are pretty bulletproof- but I don't know anything about these Loncins...any good?

Any help greatly appreciated! I want to order a new bike ASAP, as I am without one right now! (I miss my v4sw!!! )

Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #2

Awwww....C'mon...no fair.

Be your best friend?!

C'mon...no one here has any eggsperience with the Loncin 300 or owns a Vbike Monster 300????

Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #3

From what I have heard loncin makes a good motor, but I haven't really heard anything about that particular one.

I am still waiting to here about the 300cc vbike that another member ordered.

Allen

Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #4

The monster looks pretty good. I see front/rear discs brakes. Grease zerks on the ball joints. The digital dash is neat. The rear hitch area still doesn't look real promising, but I am sure something could be made so that you could pull a trailer.

Allen

Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #5

Thanks, Allen.

Yeah...it looks like a nice bike- and at this point, the hitch issue is the only thing making me hesitate (Maybe I should have just kept my v4sw, and have been content to pull just a garden cart....)

I don't know why they'd make utility models with no provision for a hitch- after all, most people wanting a utility, want to pull things.

I'm thinking if that skid plate is sturdy enough, I could fabricate something...and even beef the plate up a bit more. Tim says I could...but he basically says that about them all! (and hasn't been cooperative as far as taking any pics for me, so I could get a better idea).

I might take the plunge and see what happens......and if it doesn't work out, hopefully I'll have as good luck selling it as I did the v4sw, and then it'll be time to join the ranks of Jap bike owners....for no other reason than the fact that these don't have [good] hitches! (I'm envious of my neighbors Polaris...he thing has a massive hitch and can pull just about anything...on the rare occasions when it's running, anyway.)

I've heard some negative comments about their other 300 utility- I think I'll stay away from that (ironically, that is their one model with a functional hitch!)- and I was scared off by the description on the site, that says it has only single A-arm suspension, front and rear (the description of the 250 utility, which Tim says is identical to the 300, except for the different motor)

Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #6

Looking at this pic of the 300 monster.
http://www.vbike.us/multidata/200801121916246679039.jpg
I would take something and use the lower shock mount as one anchor point and then those two bolts that appear to clamp the axle in place as another. I wouldn't stop there though. Take it further and find a place under the swingarm ahead of the axle to bolt to. You may need to drill a hole through the swingarm.

It is possible. Just need to be creative.

This one on the 250cc utility model does not look to be that substantial either. I do like the shaft drive though.
http://www.vbike.us/multidata/200706121439085912363.jpg

Allen

Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #7

I would guess the Loncin motor is pretty stout--Megelli is going to use the 250cc liquid-cooled Loncins in their new lineup to be distributed by Qlink in the US, and Puzey uses the 250cc liquid cooled motors in their MX, enduro, and motard models (sold through Pitster Pro in the US) and have good reviews. From what I understand, Loncin manufactures the BMW 650 single found in their 650 adventure tourer, so that might be where they gained the knowledge to have stouter and liquid-cooled engines. VBike is one of the best mail-order places, so I could only imagine that you should have little trouble with the utility other than the lack of a trailer hitch.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #8

Wow! Thanks, Culcune! Knowing that about the Loncins really gives me confidence.

I've already experienced Vbike's service- that is why I am really trying to stay with something that they sell. All the other online dealers seem kind of sleazey- but Vbike is great to deal with- I had absolutely no complaints with my v4sw experience!

I think I'm going to try the Monster.......

Allen- we think alike! I had been eyeing that shock mount, too! (Dunno about the chain tension bolts though- they're usually not too stout, and need some room for when it's time to adjust the chain). I do prefer chain drive though.

I'm just wanting to pull, like, maybe a 4x8 utility trailer for doing fencing and stuff....nothing too major- just something that won't rip off if I go over a little rough spot with a load.

And yeah...ya gotta love that digital dash! (Althougth I'll probably be disappointed when I think I'm flying, and see that the speedo says I'm only doing 25MPH! )

Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #9

You will come up with something for a hitch. It will be easier after you have one to measure and look it over for good mounting points.

Allen

Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
You will come up with something for a hitch. It will be easier after you have one to measure and look it over for good mounting points.

Allen
I dunno- If the v4sw was any indication, they give you scant little to work with on them rears!

I'm hesitating, because $2K for a China quad is really starting to get "up there". Then I peruse the local classifieds for used Jap bikes.....and then don't feel so bad at the prospect of paying $2K for a brand new Chinx. (I just enby the hitches those Jap bikes have...that's about the only thing, though)