Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #1

what do u guys think about this?

check out this awesome suzuki samurai im thinking about getting it and me a friend and my dad could turn this thing into an offroad monsta :P check out some vids of these in action on youtube, there great. http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/991378230.html

Old 01-30-2009, 01:24 AM   #2

They're supposed to be good vehicles, from what I understand. When I was 17, about 22 years ago, I was in the hospital for a few weeks following a burst appendix. I was in the kids ward, but they kept bringing in adults as my roomate every couple days because the hospital was so full.

One of the patients was a writer for one of the 4 x 4 magazines, and when I asked him a good off-roader to consider, he didn't hesitate when he suggested the Samurai.

About 5 or so years later, I went with a group of friends to Pismo Beach for a weekend of riding and debauchery, and a Samurai was way out in the dunes cruising like it was nobody's business--it was stock (looking at least) but the tires had a lot of air let out, and the thing was not getting stuck at all, and the 4 guys romping around looked like they were having fun.

Member TeamCheap has a Sidekick or Chevy Tracker that shows up in some of his photos, so he should be able to give an answer as someone who owns a similar Suzuki vehicle.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #3

That looks like a decent deal and if it all works and runs OK and not to rusty I think he'll be able to get his asking price or reasonably close to it but then vehicle values will be a bit different where you are compared to what they go for here.

For around $1500 you'll have a street legal vehicle that is as good if not better than a side by side UTV that they sell for $5000-13000.(depending on what you want)

I had a sammy and they are fun but limited on power but that can be fixed and actually a good running sammy engine is matched well to the size it is and all works well together.

I spent a very long time doing body work and painting it and putting on a 3" lift kit only to have my wife tell me she is scared of it and doesnt want to go wheeling in it. :roll:

I love my 02 ZR2 tracker but it is a bit different than a sammy and I plan to drop my 73 VW convertible bug body on a 4door tracker/grand vitara chassis over the next 3 years or less(I hope).

Here is a site I like to hang out on that you might find interesting ZUKIWORLD(if you havnt found it already-YellowZR2 is my handle there)