Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: Besides a new sprocket, what mod or adjustment made the biggest difference in your top speed?
exhaust 5 20.00%
air filter 9 36.00%
carb jetting/jets 6 24.00%
new carb 0 0%
fuel grade/additives 1 4.00%
tires/wheels 0 0%
engine work (valves, timing, cylinder, etc.) 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #31

I plan on putting one of these babies on my Banshee someday... :wink:

http://www.risacher.org/rocket/

Old 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #32

funny

Well it's funny what happens when you're gone for a while. Who would have thought that 6 months later people would be posting to my old dead thread. Well I hope it helps people. I solved my speed problem. Sold the roketa 200 and bought an XL 600. Rebuilt it and am now way faster than I need with about the same fuel mileage.

It has been a good experience for me to see the pros and cons of owning a chinabike vss. honda. The chinabike was much easier to ride and is a great learner. It's really not safe at 70 though.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #33

It has been a good experience for me to see the pros and cons of owning a chinabike vss. honda. The chinabike was much easier to ride and is a great learner. It's really not safe at 70 though.

Ditto.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #34

A newer Honda should be better than a China bike.

My old CB550/650, however, was fun, but nowhere near as reliable as my Lifan.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawazacky
A newer Honda should be better than a China bike.

My old CB550/650, however, was fun, but nowhere near as reliable as my Lifan.
I'd have to say that my cb350 is every bit as reliable as my Xingyue was, and vice versa. Both bikes started everytime, and never stopped until out of gas, or I hit the kill switch.

I was thinking that the cb550 was the obvious choice if I ever wanted to move up again. Maybe not. All CB's are the same price here. $1200-$2400. 200cc-750cc.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #36

My Roketa was a great learner for me. I'm so far convinced that at least this 05 model was somewhat poorly constructed, but that being said it seems like the china bikes keep getting better. During my one year of ownership (the first owner of this bike was FMYstreetRacer) I probably got it up to around 5,000 miles. The majority of the plastics and externals were broken and held together with zip ties. I lost several chains, had multiple flat tires, had a rear bearing blow out on the highway, dead battery etc. But each time taught me something about how to work on the bike and what to look for and look out for when purchasing my next one. At the end of this year I still sold it for about what I paid for the thing, confidant that it was running just as good as ever. I never had any engine trouble.

I don't keep up much, so some of this may have already happened, but I look forward to the day when they are making a china bike with either higher engine compression or a bigger bore (300 or 350), and with beefier frame and suspension. I've notices a number of things on my honda, that as soon as the chinese copy, will really help out their bikes. And all this for the same cheap price. I think it will happen eventually.