Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 PM   #1

k F Keihin pz30 carb?

I have just bought a 200cc bike and the carb setting all all out of wack i wanted to know if any1 has the factory settings for a 30mm carb thanks and why it cuts off idealing but backfires when riding not just once in a while every single time i let off the gas

Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 AM   #2

Dre like all new China Bikes it sounds as though you need to raise the carb needle. See photos and intructions here.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...showpage&pid=3

Then on the front of the carb facing cylinder is a very hard to get at screw. Close it and then turn it out 2 complete turns. Then fine tune it open or closed after bike warms up. Your clip on your needle is probably on the 3rd groove. These bikes come very lean so go ahead and move it all the way to the bottom as viewed as if it was in the carb. It should start, run, and idle much better then. Also these bikes need a good 300-500 miles of breakin before they start smoothing out properly. Good luck and we're here if you need more help.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
so when i do this to my lifan, i should be moving it to the lowest point, aka richest setting? hmmm, even with no mods?

i'll check her out and see what happens

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #4

man thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply but im going to have to wait till my dad gets home to help me so ill let u no how it goes thanks

Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #5

Make sure all the connections in the exhaust system are tight.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
so when i do this to my lifan, i should be moving it to the lowest point, aka richest setting? hmmm, even with no mods?

i'll check her out and see what happens
Don't move it down to the lowest setting if you have nothing done to the bike. It will rev out of control until you turn the key off, without touching the throttle. That is what mine did.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #7

The c-clip would not cause this unless your needle came out of the jet and stayed out for some reason (similar to full throttle position)
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #8

You may have installed the throttle slide backwards.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #9

it sounds like maybe when you re-installed everything, something got hung up in the slide and caused it to run full throttle?

so what is the consensus for a stock lifan? middle setting, all the way rich side, one from the richest? right now my bike coughs under full throttle and will only rev full throttle when i open the choke a notch or two (which helps it run richer)

so im not sure what position i should be moving the needle.. i plan on exhaust and filter, so maybe just do it as rich as it will go?

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #10

Move the clip one slot towards the pointy end, then test. Repeat as necessary until your get a clean running engine at full throttle. If you go one slot too far, you'll know it. Adjust the mixture screw to fine tune after you find the best clip position.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #11

thats what i'll be doing this weekend then, or maybe one night this week.. wait, tommorow is the weekend!!! WOOO

so what is the best way to get the carb off the motor? do i unbolt the carb from the rubber/plastic boot connected to the motor, or do i take the rubber boot off the motor still attached to the carb? also, how do you disconnect the throttle cable, i cant even see up there (plus i really havent scoped it out yet) i'm sure i'll figure it out once im up there, but i like knowing what im getting into before i rip something apart...

Old 03-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #12

I would leave the intake attached, there is an o-ring that can be lost or misaligned. The top cap of the carb simply unscrews. Others with the bikes may have better tips, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to remove the seat and tank.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #13

You shouldn't actually have to remove the carb...just remove the side panels, the seat, the tank cover, and the rear gas tank bolt and lift the tank a little. Then unscrew the cap on the top of the carb...where the cable goes in... and the whole mess as seen in the picture will come out. Be carefull and pay attention to the alignment groove for reassembly. The Cable end removal will be self evident at that point. It's tricky compressing the spring and unhooking the cable but I had never done it either. Just get your dad to help and take your time. After you make your adjustment leave side covers and tank shroud off in case you need to readjust the needle. Also leaving the tank shroud off makes getting at the mixture screw a lot easier.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 03-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #14

I may need to adjust my carb also. It seemed like it was starving for fuel on the top end.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #15

hey acd, whats the situation with your bike? you going to get another one soon? i know how it is to be in financial crap.... i had to scrounge up to get the chinabike and some lil odds and ends..

owning a jeep money pit, a china bike, a 75lb dog that eats a butt load and having my own place, its sooo tough...