Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #1

Can't find panterra info.

I've been looking for about a month now for info on panterra bikes, Doesn't seem to be much. Are they just rebadged gy-2's? I beleive the year is either 04 or 05. It is a 125 enduro. It has red plastic. I was wondering about parts interchangability. I can't find any numbers on the frame or swingarm. Engine is 157fm1, then under that I guess is the serial? 04042047. It took me two days but I looked at every relevant topic in the enduro forums and hardly any panterra. The 157fm1 sounds lifanish to me but I haven't searched on that yet due to me just finding the numbers way down there hiding. I believe it is the OHV engine. I need some info on the carb. I think it is keihin, it has the star but I can't read the logo. It says PD on the outside of the carb body. Does anybody know the size of this carb? I didn't think to measure it when I cleaned it but it looks restrictive. I need to order jets for it so I need a confirmation on what it is. I would like to know what size uni filter to order as well. I need to get some info on where to find a front fender (red), clutch basket, plates, rear brake shoes & springs, and levers.
Now as for legality on the street I got a proper bill of sale, without notary though. It has no mco/mso and has never been titled. Seeing how panterra has been bought and sold and so forth I can't get any info on a certificate. The Canadian Panterra dealership won't say anything because they have never sold a 125 verson and therefore can't help me. Anyone have a clue how to get this thing legal?
If you guys absolutely need pics to help me I can get them up but I have dial up so...if needed I will. I appreciate any help offered.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

I have had two. They are OHV engines. I couldn't get mine legal since they where sold without the MSO's. Pepboys is where both of mine came from and they wouldn't fool with the paper work. They are pretty good bikes for the money. Just rattle traps.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #3

Hey good to hear, except the not street legal part. I'm in east TN, are you east or west? I might have your old bike! HaHa. JK. I can agree with the rattle trap.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkikin
Hey good to hear, except the not street legal part. I'm in east TN, are you east or west? I might have your old bike! HaHa. JK. I can agree with the rattle trap.
Where at in east TN? I live in Ringgold, Georgia just south of Chattanooga, TN. As far as parts, if you could post a pic. of the bike that would help too, it may be easier to find parts if you look for one of the other "rebadged" bikes.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #5

I live about 30 miles west of Nashville. I kinda miss mine. I have a kawasaki KLX250s now. Its brand new, but thinking about trading it for a KLR650.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to kmoore
not to jack a thread here or anything seems to be a lot of people fron tenneessee on here im about 75 miles south of nashville here.

ok now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic

Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore
not to jack a thread here or anything seems to be a lot of people fron tenneessee on here im about 75 miles south of nashville here.

ok now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic
Cool Jack Danielsville, There is a company near me that sends old pallets up there to be burned as fuel for the distillery.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #8

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=003.jpg
Theres 3 pics on here, you'll have to scroll through the gallery. Let me know if you think it is a gy-2 or simular. What bike would be the easiest to get parts for that would cross. I tried the supplier for panterra canada to get a clutch basket and they can get one but I have to buy discs and everything as a package deal. They charge 98.00 plus shipping. Does anyone know where I can get just a basket for less than this? I also need some info on rear brake shoes. I got a price of 21.00 plus shipping from the same company. What do you guys pay for regular high wear parts? I also need some info on levers, particularly clutch. If it ships from the U.S I could save some on shipping I believe. Any good suppliers that you recommend? Has anybody ever put an EZ pull lever on these bikes? Mine feels incredibly stiff. I took most of the plastic off so you could get a better look.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #9

Heres a pic of my old one. I know the pic is poor, but I hope it helps. We all need to go riding sometime.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #10

carb is from the keihin joint- "pd25g" is for Honda cg125

What's the VIN?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...ication_Number

By checking first 8-digit VIN in this site: mvgg.com (Almost ALL chinese vehicle's info can dig at that site. For example: my uncle's workhorse new & old- that bike was like this )

Old 12-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #11

Panterra is sold through Canadian Tire stores around here. I have seen 125 /110 pit bikes and quads lined up in the ATV section. Mabey Canadian tire has parts. I didn't look to hard as they were priced at 2x what I paid for my internet bikes...
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to china_parts_canada
I can get your parts.

Hi, I am in Canada but just finished shipping a master cylinder to Florida yesterday. We shipped it by small packet air and it was $13.50. So shipping may not be too bad.

I use to own a motor sports store but have now changed to just getting parts for people like you. I would need pictures of the parts you need replaced and then I can let you know what I have in stock and what I would need to get. Many of the Chinese parts are generic and if this Panterra is the same as the ones in Canada then it is a company that buys from manufacturers in China and then brands them themselves like 90% of the machines that come into Canada and the USA. the actual manufacturer name may be on a VIN plate usually closer to the front of the bike. That said, the small assemblers in China actually have a habit of steeling the use of a larger manufacturers identity so that they can get their bikes into our countries.

Anyway, I would be happy to help you find the parts you need if you would like.

Cheers,

Art

Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #13

Motorcycle Identity Theft.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to china_parts_canada
they use others World Manufactuer Identifiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Motorcycle Identity Theft.
An example of this is one of the first orders I brought in was from a company called Sunner. they were a trading company which I knew but I was very surprised when the paperwork came in with Geely on them. After researching the Geely site I found they did not make the models of machines I had brought in. the machines were not from Geely...

So having a WMI (World Manufacturer Identifier) plate on the machine may not mean as much as we would like it to.

As distributors of these machines become more educated I would think that less and less of this is happening.

Art