Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #1

Idling/starting problem fixed gy200

I thought members might be interested as I have read that allot of 200's have starting/idling problems relating to the carburettor. I took off the rubber tube which goes into the spacer between the carburettor and intake on the head and blocked the small brass tube (that come out of the spacer) with araldite and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it actually idles and starts very well. I think thay put this set up on to control emmissions but it stinks dig a hole and put the whole system in it.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #2

That's interesting...I don't recall a vacuum system on my 200G-Y. What was the vacuum line connected to?

Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #3

It was connected to the exhaust manifold ie actually into the head and the airbox with the idea being to take any unburned fuel and recirculate it back into the airbox and also into the intake between the carburettor and intake port therefore reducing emmissions. This meant that the choke could never work properly so starting required a 3 minute warm up and also idling was difficult and extremely hard to adjust because the air/fuel mixture was constantly changing as the system sucked varying amounts of air in AFTER the carburettor had mixed it properly (hours winding the idle screw in and out!!) I think it also effected WOT because extra air would come in after the carby had done its work leading to a lean mixture in fact allot of people on this site report idling/starting problems and also a lean mixture.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #4

This is very interesting
I'm fairly sure i know where your talking, could you post a pic :?:
My bike has started giving me more problems in this area again.
Thanks for the info

2007 Shineray200XYI
2007 Vento Vthunder 250

Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #5

Hi Jshellito,
I will try to get a photo up but the modifiaction is quite easy. Locate the intake manifold this is the 3 inch spacer between the carburettor and the actual engine (the carburettor bolts to the intake manifold and the intake manifold bolts to the engine) if yours is the same there is a rubber tube which connects on to a male brass tube which protrudes out of the intake manifold or spacer. pull the rubber tube off and block up the brass tube with 5 minute araldite. if you want to see how it runs first block it up with your finger.

Ill get that photo up

Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #6

My 2009 gy-5 doesnt have this am i missing something?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #7

Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natemare13
No, it's an emmision thing that some have and some don't. Most didn't used to, but it's becoming more and more necessary to get them to pass certain countrys' emmision standards. Be thankful you DON'T have one. They are just trouble on a bike engine.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherboy3
Hi Jshellito,
I will try to get a photo up but the modifiaction is quite easy. Locate the intake manifold this is the 3 inch spacer between the carburettor and the actual engine (the carburettor bolts to the intake manifold and the intake manifold bolts to the engine) if yours is the same there is a rubber tube which connects on to a male brass tube which protrudes out of the intake manifold or spacer. pull the rubber tube off and block up the brass tube with 5 minute araldite. if you want to see how it runs first block it up with your finger.

Ill get that photo up
Hi Fishy
I found a little rubber tube that could be the one you are describing, with the exception of the brass tube. It would really be great if you could actually post a pic of this, as I am hesitant to block up anything if I'm not 100% sure this is the right pipe.

Thanks