Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #61

Thanks, I'll look today.

The bike is definitely missing. Idle seems to be pretty good, but as I add throttle the missing is much more pronounced.
I'm going to first change the plug.
Then, if it isn't fixed, I will check the cables and the connection to the CDI. I'll be looking for errant arcing while running in a dark area.
Lastly, I will need to change the CDI if all else fails.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #62

It turned out to be the plug. I put in an Iridium (gapped it between .6 and .7mm) and it is running sweet. WAY less vibration and no missing at all.
Here is the old plug that caused the problem:

Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #63

Good to hear.that plug does look bad!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #64

Re: My HS200GY HSUN

"-Changed the rear sprocket from 56T to 42T. (17T on the front)"

I just got a hs 200gy and am wanting to do the same thing. Where did you get your 42T sprocket? Do you know which name brands can be used on the hs 200gy? Thanks! -Cory

Old 07-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #65

Re: My HS200GY HSUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzarider
"-Changed the rear sprocket from 56T to 42T. (17T on the front)"

I just got a hs 200gy and am wanting to do the same thing. Where did you get your 42T sprocket? Do you know which name brands can be used on the hs 200gy? Thanks! -Cory
I posted this earlier in this thread.
It read:
I got it from the Barrie, ON Honda Powerhouse www.barriehonda.com 1-800-267-4449 powerparts@barriehonda.com. But I think any dealer can get one in your local area.

JTSprocket 324-8702 (42Tooth Rear Sprocket)

They also tell me the JTSprocket 324-8720 is a 45Tooth Rear Sprocket that fits the same bike.

These where cross referenced against the Honda XL 100S (years 1977-7

If I may make a suggestion, I would have gotten the 4 little studs at the same time and put them on the sprocket before I started. Moving them from the original 56T to the new 42T was a bit of a pain.

I had to remove 4 links from the chain (caveman style) and I have a 17T front sprocket.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #66

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #67

Bruce at EJCycles in the US has them 330-274-0098 too.

For your riding you will want a 42-45T sprocket.

Allen

Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #68

2218km Report.

So I hit just over 2200km so far.

The relationship is kind of like this.
On Monday I feel like I hate my bike, on Tuesday I love it. On Wednesday it feels like a can full of rocks. Thursday I go over the whole bike, change the oil and tighten loose stuff. On Friday I go on a fantastic ride. Its so good I get all giddy inside and keep going.
This seems to repeat. I think I've gotten the bugs out or at the very least I have a better understanding of what the quirks are with my bike. It really likes to be maintained on a very regular basis.

The chain seems to get loose often and because the adjusters are crap, it is real hard to make both sides even without using a measuring device.
When loose, it makes the WOT in 5th on the highway feel like the bike is going to fall apart. Now I know what to do when that happens. Tighten the chain.

Got a slight oil leak from the top of the engine. I tightened the bolts up there and it seems to have stopped.

The bolts for the exhaust at the engine got loose as well and tightened them down.

Oil change with 5w20. I picked up that oil by mistake, but put it in anyway. The bike seems to love it. Had my best street ride ever right after that.

Today I love my Chinabike.

My Australian Shepherd loves it too.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #69

I was in Barrie today London last month.

Let me know if you want to take a ride along highway 7 with me some time. 80 km/h, farms and livestock, it's a cool ride squish?

The real question though is why do your plugs look like that?

Did you try the cdi mod? Is this the first time since trying a stage II or III CDI that you have changed your plugs? That might be your answer right there.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #70

Ironfist, I almost did the knotthead mod, but chickened out because there where some raised ridges on the pickup that nobody mentioned before. I dropped the dremmel and put it back together fast, before anyone saw.
Didn't do the CDI either as it seems to be a dead horse.
I'm waiting on a report from voyer on the filter and jet mod on a twin HSUN and then I'm doing that one.

The plugs where originals. They fouled or something after my first and so far, only real dirt riding moto adventure. Reved the crap out of it to keep up with the seasoned big boys I was hooked up with.
Once I put the new plugs in, it ran like a top.

Right now it is running the best yet. I get it up to 120km/hr right now when everything is perfect. Needs more power though.

I would love to do a street ride with you when it is possible. I have a 1 yr old and a 3.5yr old, two online stores and a specialty contracting division with two employees. I have pretty much zero free time. My son owns me on the weekends. I use my bike during the week to do as many appointments and meetings as possible. Riding the bike is my zen time. It really recharges my head.

Being as its summer, I have given myself authority to take random days off, so I don't get burnt out. If you can go for a burn during the week days, I'm in! Let me know well in advance and I will set up my schedule to make it happen.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #71

I'm meeting dagger tomorrow, downtown Toronto, but he doesn't have a bike here. I still haven't gone for a ride with anyone.

Pick a day and I'll be there. If the weather sucks we can re-book. Even if it's for an hour, it would be very cool just to meet a chinarider :o Sounds like you've been working too hard anyway, a ride on highway 7 can clear a mind very quickly.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #72

I went to the coffee shop to meet dagger57, but "he" went to the wrong coffee shop and I missed him here in Toronto. Oh well, I might have found a riding bud here in toronto, but still has to pass the M2 test. Very keen to ride though, you can tell by the conversation.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #73

LOL.I know how you feel....Im currently ready to burn my bike...although Im persuaded by something to just fix it up instead.....its a tuff bike to maintain especially if your times limited and parts are scarce.hopefully mine ends up OK instead of in flames......I have to remove the rear caliper and inspect and clean as it started to leak again.might even need a replacement...well see!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #74

awww ironfist.. that sucks.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #75

I took the bike out for a 100km ride to a job site yesterday and it seemed to have that WOT vibe again. It seems like the chain goes into some kind of harmonics where all the vibrations line up into one bigger one. Maybe the chain is too tight. I don't know, its too dam hard to adjust it right. The adjusters suck so bad. Lubed it up today. I'll see how that goes.

It also seems to have that plug problem again, but this time its not bad enough for me to do anything about it yet. I'll pull the plug and pop in a spare and see if that is actually the problem.

I am going to really keep my eyes on those new 400cc bikes coming in. If they are an improvement on the quality by an order of magnitude. I'll be tracking one down. I haven't become rich yet, so Chinabike are going to be my diet for awhile. My bike is a bit too small for the riding I need to do.

Ironfist: I thought I was going to get a few days for a holiday. No luck. Work just piled in. I will drop a line when I can come up for air.

theENIGMATIC: Maybe we can have a bon fire!

One more thing. I found out where everybody seems to hang out on this site; the miscellaneous thread. See you guys there.

(Free Tip of the Day: If anyone wants a free spell checker to check your posts before you embarrass yourselves, look this up: http://www.iespell.com/index.htm)