Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #61

Four days would be a good ride for what you are proposing. So we need to add the TN portion on to the order from Sam.

By numb do you mean your fingers are tingly, like they are going to sleep or is it more in the palm of your hand?

If #1 try to loosen your grip and intentionally stretch your fingers out to keep good blood flow to the tips.

If #2 you probably need a larger, thicker grip. Something like a Pro Gel 737 or equivelent worked well for me. A throttle rocker can also be of help as you can rest your wrist on it to take some pressure off your fingers.

Another thing that I did was find an old tennis ball and carried it around for a month constantly squeezing it in my right hand.

Unless, of course, you are left handed then there is no hope and you might as well just give your bike to a needy fool like ME!! (Just kidding)

Old 02-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #62

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
If you guys come through south AR look me up, my camp down in the river bottoms is open. endless logging roads, state maintained, just off the main highway.
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #63

Most noticible in fingers, but also seems to be the whole hand. I notice it most on street riding, seldom in the dirt. We rode for about two hours on the trails today (60 degrees!) and I didn't notice it. Didn't have a chance to go for a street ride. Notice it more in right than left. Perhaps I should squeeze a tennis ball some. Maybe the smaller sprocket will help some with the vibes. What are you running on yours ferrit?
I will contact Sam and get the Tenn map, do you want me to get the Loop map from him also? I will be out of town again this weekend, back sunday night from a little scuba trip.
p.s. the little Lifan 100 continues to hum along just fine. My boy really likes it and he is riding better and better. Have not had any problems at all with it. Course I had more time to set it up and locktight it.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #64

Ferrit, I emailed Sam today about getting the TN maps, have not heard back from him yet.