Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 04:20 PM   #1

Need help 125cc Grom clone

I made a pretty stupid and big mistake over the week. Was going for a simple oil change on the grom clone, this is the second time since receiving the bike and I wasn’t careful. Instead of undoing the oil drain it appears I undid the timing chain tensioner plug thing. It popped out with the spring and the plunger.

The even dumber part was I put the spring in first and then the plunger on a very uneducated guess and was very clearly wrong. Started the bike up and it started to rattle. I stopped and pulled the plunger back out first but the spring did not follow. I’ve tried to fish out the spring but it is lost in the motor. I tried today after getting a set of motorcycle flywheel pullers to get into the motor but I could not get the flywheel off. Nothing in the set worked.

I really just need help on how to access that area. Im not really familiar with small engines but I have dropped the motor on this before to upgrade the motor mount bolts.

What do I need to do in terms of access and tools to get into the engine and get this spring out??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6370.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	31940