Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #1

Just got a XPro Templar 250X

Howdy,

I just got a XPro Templar X 250 in about 3 - 4 days a go, (HERE is some pic's no fairings. https://imgur.com/a/pWoAoFG ) it runs okay out of the box and all but have a bit of a issue to where when even hot if you give it the gas it dies. If I play with the idler screw it some what fix's but then when I got to stop and the moto is hot its at like 3k RPM's. How I found that if you play with the cable adjustment screw on The Handlebar it helps a bit more but it still brings up my idol toy about 2k.

Yes I have seen most of the guides on here but I just feel like they don't answer my question

so
1. Is this common Behavior out of the box
2. Do I need to rejet the carb or crack it open and adjust something
3. Best to just replace the carb
??

Other: The headlight is trash does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it better or replacement? edit:( All lights on the XPro Templar X 250 come LED )

Thanks.

Last edited by BlueJayMoto; Today at 08:47 AM.

Old Today, 07:50 AM   #2

I replaced all bulbs with LED's, much better and cheaper/easier than buying new headlight/blinkers/tail light.

So if you roll on the throttle, it's fine, but if you crack it hard to like half or full, it dies, right? Welcome to the CG250 4 stroke life. You can make it better, but it's not gonna run like a 2 stroke. Think of these motors like a 223cc/249cc lawn mower engine.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old Today, 09:04 AM   #3

Welcome!

It's jet too lean. We had the same issue with my son's Temp X (and most china bikes, frankly).

Remove the carb, grind off the two break-off bolts that hold the bowl on, replace the pilot and main jets. Links to "how to" in the Templar resource thread. Look in the 4th post.

Old Today, 09:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I replaced all bulbs with LED's, much better and cheaper/easier than buying new headlight/blinkers/tail light.
All the lights are LED on my bike. Its just the headlight is pointing to the sky, after some persuasion aka ( some adjustment)+ a small pebble I got it to aim down on the road in low but high beam still lights up the trees and sky. (I'll take a pic tonight and add it to this PORT here!
amazon.com/ X-PRO Templar X 250cc 6 Speed Dirt Bike

PLACE HOLDER:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
So if you roll on the throttle, it's fine, but if you crack it hard to like half or full, it dies, right? Welcome to the CG250 4 stroke life. You can make it better, but it's not gonna run like a 2 stroke. Think of these motors like a 223cc/249cc lawn mower engine.
Some times its not even to half or really that hard of a crack (did I forget to mention this is under no load).. However so you are saying it is what it is and that is just due to its a CG250 4 stroke aka lawn mower engine? lol is there anyway to make it a bit better with carb replace to a NIBBI PE30mm or just play around with it until I find the sweet spot?

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Welcome!

It's jet too lean. We had the same issue with my son's Temp X (and most china bikes, frankly).

Remove the carb, grind off the two break-off bolts that hold the bowl on, replace the pilot and main jets. Links to "how to" in the Templar resource thread. Look in the 4th post.
Thanks for the welcome.

This is what I was thinking to myself, and I did read your ports you made in the New Member Introductions about rejetting the carb. I am looking for the "How to" Now.

Old Today, 10:46 AM   #5

I bought a jet kit for mine before it was even delivered. It was REALLY lean as delivered and richening the jets is the first thing I did after assembly.

I found the headlight astoundingly bad. So bad my pocket flashlight put out more light. Some people have changed the entire headlight but I found just putting in a decent bulb worked fine for me. It now puts out more useful light than my other bikes. What buld I used is in the resource thread. I think. Somewhere on here anyway.

Old Today, 10:54 AM   #6

Here is a link to the Templar Resource Guide

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32177

Lots of useful info there. That YouAll carb that comes with your bike is actually a good match (28PE style). Rejetting it will cost under $10 and should be good to go. You can always get a new carb, but unless you do airbox mods and open up the exhaust side, there isn't any reason to go to a 30PE. It won't improve performance by itself and the 28 is a better match on all three circuits (pilot, needle and WOT/main)