Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2024, 12:25 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Magician 250 rider in Northern NM saying what up and I’m glad to be here!!?!!

I love my Magician still haven’t registered it tho, thankfully I live in a small town and haven’t been pulled over !!

Old 07-02-2024, 12:31 PM   #2

Old 07-02-2024, 02:42 PM   #3

Welcome to the site.

Questa? Farther West in Chama? Not Farmington (you'd be stopped there!).

I was a season pass holder at Taos Ski Valley for a few years starting in 1976, before I turned 18. I bought the pass before the end of August and got the 10% discount, so instead of $150 it was $135. No kidding. I paid $270 for the following two years ($300 - 10%). No blackout dates like they have now. Times have changed, eh? I actually learned to ski at Sipapu before that, and was ready for the steep bumps and steep glades from the old poma lift #1 (ran on the left side of Al's run).

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #4

Thanks buddy!! I’m in Las Vegas (the real Vegas, we like to call it lol) …I know Taos well! I lived in Taos back in the late 80’s early 90’s and went to school with some of the Blake children (who owned the ski valley back then) before it became too expensive for the locals! I learned to ski at Pajarito Mountain by Los Alamos and I learned to snowboard at Sipapu! Never been to Farmington but drove close to it on the way to Navajo lake… I never got good enough to hit Al’s run but it was a rite of passage I remember that!

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #5

Moved to Sapello in 1970, and temps hit -40 in Winter storms for two years in a row! 4 to 6 foot drifts in the canyon there on 518 just North of the gas station. That was when there was a real Winter in Northern New Mexico, Then moved to Montezuma behind the old Seminary when it was still inhabited by Jesuit priests fro Mexico. Lived in Montezuma and Alb and Lost Animals (until leaving the State 25 years later). I was in the first class attending the new Memorial Middle school, then went to Robertson and then to Highlands. Albuquerque for 5 years, then Los Alamos working a Isotope and Nuclear Chemistry Division for another 5 years. Yes, I skied at Pajarito too!

I did buy a used Suzuki 250 in 1976 from a guy that raced in Santa Fe. I rode that thing all over the place around Vegas, Gallinas canyon. There were some awesome jumps near the Cinder road (no stop signs and no houses or pavement way back then). Also not far from Hasta La Vista Hospital (Alta Vista).

And, the guy from Socorro (Lemitar) will be back with more great Xhot this Summer across 518 from the Murphy USA gas station. I always try to make it to Lowes for Young Guns which can be awesome meaty and hot. Also the Fruit Basket on 2nd street in Albuquerque usually has top quality green stuff.

Here is my roaster doing last year's harvest. I still have about 50 pounds. My sons love it, we have it every day

We just sold this place in Manuelitas

6 acres on the ditch with rights. My wife can't work any where near there, and we reluctantly gave it up Crossing Kansas 4-6 times a year was a real bummer, and expensive!

Last edited by Thumper; Yesterday at 06:24 PM.

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #6

I should keep in touch to get news about cases of Young guns at Lowe's. I think the harvest will have an early batch again, and much later if the drought hits the places without good irrigation.
Andrew

Tags
505, magician 250, newmexico, santa vegas