Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #1

lifan spedometer and tack on a Hi-bird 200GY

Has any body replaced the speedometer on a Hi-bird 200 with the Lifan speedo and tach cluster? is the wiring the same? I see Rabbit Scooters has them, has any body done business with them?

Thanks,
Dugan

Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #2

If you are just looking for a tach, any electronic tach from a single cylinder engine "should" work.

there is three or four wires that run from it. the signal wire from the coil, the ground, the backlight display wire, "so you can see at night" and one other that bud light has impaired me from recalling :( sorry might be a 12 volt wire for power:(

Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

I put one of the Lifan gauge clusters on my Komoto, which is a Hi Bird 250 with a different name on it. The one plug matched exactly, the other one was different and I had to cut it off and solder the wires. All the wire colors were the same. The only wire I had to add was the wire going to the CDI or you can come off of the coil as I did. It was easier and a neater job coming out of the coil. Sorry I don't have any pics of it right now, just haven't taken the cam out and taken any. I used part of the original mounting bracket and had to fabricate the rest. It wasn't that involved to fabricate. I also moved the cluster up a bit, so it is easier to see. There is another user on the forum that did this same mod and it looks like he had mounting bracket to make the gauges fit without fabricating anything.
I don't know if the hi bird 200 has the gear indicator or not. If it does it should work fine when hooked up. If it doesn't you just wouldn't hook those wires up. I don't know what kind of prices that you have found. I got mine off of ebay for around $20.00 shipped. I actually only paid around $5.00 for the gauge and the rest was shipping, but it was a great price for a new cluster. Hope this helps!