Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2023, 11:14 AM   #1

i need every wire for the tbr7

long story short, fuse blew while my tbr7 was idling. i was letting it warm up.

despite the fuse blowing, the spark was still jumping from the melted spot on the fuse.

bike kept running and pulling power from the battery and melted a bunch of wires.

so, i need the entire electrical system for the bike. it doesnt even start with kickstart. honestly starting to regret buying this chonda :(

Old 10-15-2023, 06:46 PM   #2

did the connectors survive? if you can see where the wires went into each plug making your own isnt impossible...

Old 10-15-2023, 07:17 PM   #3

I would not even think of fixing,just my thought. not to happy with mine 10,000 miles and i think its done.

Old 10-15-2023, 08:02 PM   #4

I had problems right out of the crate with my TBR7, but no problems with electrical system. A wire harness is $30 for TBR7. If the engine was OK, and you didnt have other problems, just get a harness. Properly wired, it will run, or not, and you can troubleshoot the charging system or what not. I'd give you $250 if it had a clean title, and rewire it.

There are complete wiring plus electrical packages for these bikes and related quads. They include CDI, coil, voltage regulator/rectifier, even spark plug, ignition and key for under $30. But you have to know what you are doing. But if you are not good with wiring, junk it.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #5

kansas city mo or kansas city kansas? i live near st louis and id be willing to sell it. clean title and 2k miles on it. the wiring harness on taotao's website doesnt even look like the part that i need at all