Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #1

A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N

I know you all understand. I have found some trails, powerlines, sand, water, mud, and all the good stuff that go along with a little bit of trail riding. Now that spring is getting close (for those of us in the south), I cant stop thinking about hitting that powerline every stankin day. I am new at riding motorcycles (since June) and last summer I didnt really get into the true DUAL SPORTING. Now, I am driving my wife crazy taking about when my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son are gonna have Enduro's or Motard bikes when they get older, and how we're gonna travel the country in the summer time riding trails in every state. This is a defenite ADDICTION, and I hope that I can be safe enough to live out this passion for the rest of my life and enjoy it with my family.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
haha i think about the same things, i dont even have a wife or kids yet... haha...

one day maybe... i really want to do a cross country tour, but not on a lifan.. i'll get a buell Ulysses, or a ktm something or other...

i have to agree that motorcycling is something that is an addictive passion, there isnt quite anything like it i dont think..

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #3

I didnt mean cross the country literally ON the Lifan. I meant pull it with a trailer, and stop and hit popular trails in all parts of the country. Ahhhhhhhh! What a vision!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #4

shea, you are right own.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #5

I want to ride my bike on trails all the way across the USA, may have to go a step up in size though.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #6

Careful with your old lady, get her involved or she will start to despise your bike and that's never a good thing... I have mine help me with mine whenever I can and now she likes it, also taught her to use a multitude of power tools when we remodeled the house but that's another story.. Point is, most girls still like flowers and not tools, never lose sight of that...

My .02

Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #7

Re: A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N

I can sure relate...

It is the last thing I think about when drifting off to sleep every night. My wife has a Yamaha XT225 and we ride together alot. She doesn't care for the cold or rain but likes to ride in the dirt. Life is short and ya gotta pack all of it in as long as you're here and have the health to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadouglas
I know you all understand. I have found some trails, powerlines, sand, water, mud, and all the good stuff that go along with a little bit of trail riding. Now that spring is getting close (for those of us in the south), I cant stop thinking about hitting that powerline every stankin day. I am new at riding motorcycles (since June) and last summer I didnt really get into the true DUAL SPORTING. Now, I am driving my wife crazy taking about when my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son are gonna have Enduro's or Motard bikes when they get older, and how we're gonna travel the country in the summer time riding trails in every state. This is a defenite ADDICTION, and I hope that I can be safe enough to live out this passion for the rest of my life and enjoy it with my family.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #8

How fast will that xt 225 run?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:57 AM   #9

The XT225 will do 65 but you would be twisting it a little hard with stock gearing. I know of guys that ride it 60-65 for long periods but it is a lighweight bike and not designed for high speeds. If you changed the sprockets it would help alot. Stone cold reliable and with a six speed, she hits the trails real nice. If I could only have one bike...... I could live with this one..... :wink:

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
If I had a XT225 not 1997 XT350 kick start. I would not have a Viva now. of the 2 the xt 350 and the viva like the viva best.