Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2023, 02:41 PM   #1

Hawk 250 assembly (spring)

Hi all,
Just got my first bike yesterday I've got it all assembled and ready to go except I cannot figure out for the life of me where the second spring goes that came in the package with the nuts and bolts. The smaller spring went to the brake pedal for the brake light and the larger spring I have no clue.
Also anybody else have extra parts after assembly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230812_022854.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1,008.0 KB
ID:	29901  

Old 08-12-2023, 02:44 PM   #2

I assume you ain't put the kickstand on yet. LOL. That's what it's for.

Old 08-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #3

The stand came already assembled on the bike, and it stays up when you put it in the up position but I'll go out and take a look, thank you.

Old 08-12-2023, 03:17 PM   #4

I can't really tell how big it actually is, but you said one was for the brake LIGHT, but it may be for the brake pedal itself. I will go out, and look at a bike.

Old 08-12-2023, 03:30 PM   #5

http://If it's not for the kickstand, then it's for the brake pedal. I bought both my TBR7, and Hawk used, and only the TBR7 has it, but the Hawk was evidence supposed to have one as well, because it has a small prong sticking down on the underside of the piece that the foot peg hooks to, and that's were the spring is hooked to on the TBR7. I don't know if mine on the Hawks has just came off, or never was put on. I had never even noticed it..[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2023, 03:31 PM   #6

The larger spring is also for the break pedal. Return spring. I'll get a quick pic and post it up.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 08-12-2023, 03:38 PM   #7

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BrakeSpring1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	29902   Click image for larger version

Name:	BrakeSpring2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	29903  

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM   #8

X-Pro has a pretty good assembly video:

Old 08-12-2023, 03:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
Hi all,
Just got my first bike yesterday I've got it all assembled and ready to go except I cannot figure out for the life of me where the second spring goes that came in the package with the nuts and bolts. The smaller spring went to the brake pedal for the brake light and the larger spring I have no clue.
Also anybody else have extra parts after assembly?
I have almost the exact same amount of spare hardware as you, minus the spring, of course. I opted to not put the plastic over the muffler, so I have that hardware, too.

Old 08-13-2023, 11:18 AM   #10

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. It was the brake pedal return spring it didn't click at first because the brake pedal was returning on its own without it.
I've got another question maybe I need to start a new thread but now that I've got it all together and have got it running it does not want to stay idling I'm at 5,000 FT elevation thinking maybe I need to Jet it but also considering getting the 28 mm Nibbi carburetor and air filter package, any thoughts on the subject.
I don't have experience jetting at this elevation, my carbureted sleds were jetted at the dealership and my new one is fuel injection.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. It was the brake pedal return spring it didn't click at first because the brake pedal was returning on its own without it.
I've got another question maybe I need to start a new thread but now that I've got it all together and have got it running it does not want to stay idling I'm at 5,000 FT elevation thinking maybe I need to Jet it but also considering getting the 28 mm Nibbi carburetor and air filter package, any thoughts on the subject.
I don't have experience jetting at this elevation, my carbureted sleds were jetted at the dealership and my new one is fuel injection.
If you buy the Nibbi PE28, you probably should just go ahead, and get the PE28FL , which bolts on like the stock carb. You will get an assortment of jets, but I can't remember the sizes . I would guess that at your elevation, then a 105-110 main on a stock bike, and about a 36 pilot. Either way expect to experiment some. I would start at the needle in a middle position, but you may way to move the clip down one slot towards the blunt end (top) of the needle , which would lower it. Expect to rejet the carb after exhaust work, if you are planning on doing so. About everything you do to the bike performance wise, will require a re tuning if the carb.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:25 AM   #12

Actually, you are correct, this is the part number that I ordered.
Thank you for your input, (and everybody else's too) much appreciated.
I am a snowmobile and ATV vet, but a newbie when it comes to motorcycles, just starting the game.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20230814-001724_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	29911  

Old 08-15-2023, 04:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
If you buy the Nibbi PE28, you probably should just go ahead, and get the PE28FL , which bolts on like the stock carb. You will get an assortment of jets, but I can't remember the sizes . I would guess that at your elevation, then a 105-110 main on a stock bike, and about a 36 pilot. Either way expect to experiment some. I would start at the needle in a middle position, but you may way to move the clip down one slot towards the blunt end (top) of the needle , which would lower it. Expect to rejet the carb after exhaust work, if you are planning on doing so. About everything you do to the bike performance wise, will require a re tuning if the carb.
Actually, you are correct, this is the part number that I ordered.
Thank you for your input, (and everybody else's too) much appreciated.
I am a snowmobile and ATV vet, but a newbie when it comes to motorcycles, just starting the game.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:47 AM   #14

If you haven't adjusted the valves, that is the first thing I would do.

2016 Magician 250

Old 08-15-2023, 02:06 PM   #15

Adjust the valves! Mine had the typical zero clearance. I have the Nibbi 28mm and like it. Also check the float height while you are rejetting. Bottom of the float should be 18mm from the lip of the carb when tab presses the pin, but does not compress the spring. If you have it set any less than 18mm, it fills the float bowl with too much fuel and the bike floods when you hit bumps. Ask me how i know.