Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #16

I;m not sure how to answer because I am not sure what the problem is exactly. But I as always am the odd man out and never had trouble kicking my bike over..Or just kicking it

Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeModz
Why kick when you don't have to?
E-start is for girlie-men. Real-men throw the e-starter away and kick it!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #18

I can handle being a wuss.

Allen

Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #19

I put my heel on the very tip of the kick starter with my bike tilted slightly to the left with my left foot on the ground.then I bounce my left foot up to the footrest and straighten the bike out as I do this I go into a sitting motion onto the seat and drive my heal downwards giving it a little throttle not too much.I had difficulties at first with the technique, I also think they start out a little stiff if you use it a bit it might soften up!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #20

Put a brazing torch to my Viva's kickstart lever, got it red hot just a little below the foot pedal and bent that rascal level.

Let her cool nice and slowly. Sanded off the burnt paint and repainted it.

Now, my foot rests nice and flat on the pedal.

She kick starts very nicely, now!

The trick for the Viva seems to be to crack the throttle just a tad just as i kick. A couple times she bucked and the lever just stopped dead with a ringing sound.

With some practice, it started to get pretty easy. Even did it a few times while sitting in the seat. Too much throttle and no go, too little and no go. Just a touch of throttle worked best. :wink:

Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 AM   #21

yeah i know how to kickstart a bike...its just that my bike will RARELY start. i just tried it now and it started twice but that was after a Ton of kicks. my foot hurts. my dads friend, who is a motorcycle mechanic, he even tried starting it and couldn't think of the problem.

i drove my buddies crotch rocket today..hollllyyyy shit!!! i've never felt that kinda speed/acceleration before. it was unbelievable how fast it was. then i got on my bike and it felt so slow, haha.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #22

Decided to use the kickstart today for some reason...

Started first kick -dead cold, stopped at gas station for gas. Restarted first kick at the station.

Must be the clean WV air :wink:

Old 06-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova112288
i drove my buddies crotch rocket today..hollllyyyy sh--!!! i've never felt that kinda speed/acceleration before. it was unbelievable how fast it was. then i got on my bike and it felt so slow, haha.
The only other rider at my workplace is a female mammo tech who rides a shiny white 1300 suzuki c rocket. Asked her why she hadn't ridden lately and she said-battery's dead. Dumbly i asked, won't it kickstart and she just gave me a blank look.

There are advantages to the DS.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
E-start is for girlie-men. Real-men throw the e-starter away and kick it!
I just did this with my dirt bike. hehehe

Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova112288
i drove my buddies crotch rocket today..hollllyyyy sh--!!! i've never felt that kinda speed/acceleration before. it was unbelievable how fast it was. then i got on my bike and it felt so slow, haha.
When I got my CB350 it ran like crap, I mean it could barely limp. I couldn't beleve the power! 8O The only bike I've ridden besides my 150cc chinabike was a virago 250 for my motorcycle course in a parking lot. The only time I gunned it was on a 150cc. Now my bike is running well, and there is about 4X the accelleration. But since it ran so bad when I got it I had the chance to ease into the new bike feel. I'd like to ride a 600 sportbike, but really don't NEED the power. My back misses the upright position of a D/S. I'd trade my 350 for a 400SM in a heartbeat. But for the $$$$, my cb is a good mid level, all round city and country bike. But after 6 hours of riding my back is screaming "Get me some handlebar risers!"

Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #26

kick starting

My friend had a yamaha xt 500 single, and he could get that bike to boot over in 2 or 3 kicks. he later had it bored out 090 thousand over, and it had a high compression weisco piston, and a hot cam installed, header, and carb mods and could still kick it over in 2 kicks. I think it has a lot to do with the guy starting it, as it took me several more kicks.

I had 1971 rt 1 360 yamaha enduro it had around 160lb compression, that figure is accurate as i measured it after break in, and I 'll tell you, you had better kick it over like your life depended on it. The bike literally ripped a tennis shoe off my foot when it kicked backed. Bump starts consisted of pushing it off of a near by cliff, getting it up to forty mph and dropping the clutch with the bike in at least 3rd or 4th gear.

Update as many might know i have been lurking around conteplating buying a china bike, Well i got the 600 dollar stimulis check, and 300 dollars overtime pay; sure enough the car has 2 broken rear coil springs, and a bad front wheel bearing, well there goes my 900.00 for the bike, that really sucks!!!!

My advise to all of you, and i mean this!!!! Do not let your children to grow up to be human service workers. (aka social workers, counselors, psychologist or rehab counselors) There is no money in it with a BS degree, and it does not matter if you graduated with honors or not.

Another thing to get the good jobs you must pass civil service test for many states and they only choose from the 3 top scoring persons for an available job, unless you know someone real well, and that can help.

Otherwise im talking 22,000 a year, before healthcare is taken out, taxes etc. Its great helping people, but when they are better off then you something is screwy :roll:

Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #27

kick it slow through to compression stroke then give er a good solid boot...
Bike should start with one kick...or it isn't tuned to perfection .
2 strokes are easier...but a 4 is more reliable and less touchy...

Cracking throttle leans bike out and relieves a stiff kick.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #28

re

Yeah these bikes aren't to quick to kick start, using starter fluid ? thats my trick. In ur avatar i saw your bike. It looks like we have identical bikes. is yours a roketa ?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #29

nevr mind i see your make and model as your signature

Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #30

My Battery has gone again, this is my 2nd and I have been Kick"N" It Old Skool for a couple weeks now. When cold it kicks first time with just the choke open after its warm I have to give it half throttle and it kicks first - third kick. I lean bike slightly left so I can keep left foot on ground, I "pump" the kicker slowly till engine is top center (kicker gets to a hard spot) then I give it a strong steady full kick..
benn kicking all my dirtbikes in the past the same way except this one I have to give throttle when its warm.. probably still too rich.