Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2023, 02:31 PM   #16

I think the best way I can possibly describe it is it feels like I’m hitting rev limiter but very slowly instead of it going rarararara really fast like any bike when you hold rev limiter it does that but very slow and it feels like it’s turning on and off on it’s own… hope that made sense lol and then right after I let go of wot if I try to give it any throttle at all it feels like it’s trying to shut off or like it doesn’t have any fuel in the bowl

Old 05-14-2023, 02:34 PM   #17

Also I should mention that 35/125 jets with the air screw at 1.5 turns out is what I’ve always used it’s ALWAYS ran perfect with those exact settings only having to move the air screw about an eighth turn in our out depending on the weather changes so I cannot see it being a carb issue especially since I just cleaned it out completely yesterday

Old 05-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF11 View Post

What do you mean by drill ?
I have OEM carb so I had to drill out the cap. I see that yours is exposed ready to adjust.

I know it seems unlikely to be a carb issue, but the symptoms are compatible. I am probably wrong, but spark, timing, valve adjustment, etc all seem like they are good. That delayed surge, die thing doesn't sound like an ignition thing. It sounds like a carb thing. Maybe the choke line is sticky? Sticking open a little? That might cause the same symptoms even with another carb.

Old 05-14-2023, 07:21 PM   #19

Well I don’t know how I didn’t notice it but I figure out the issue there is a small piece of rubber missing on my intake manifold coupler which was causing a small leak just after the carb i threw some rubber cement in it and she runs great now able to hit 75 mph on flat ground no issues other than it still has a little bit of that choking feeling whenever I try to give it gas again after WOT

Old 05-14-2023, 09:57 PM   #20

I thought it was a carb issue