Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2022, 04:54 AM   #1

Storm 250 Fuel Range?

My Bashan Storm 250 manual says it's a 12L fuel tank - just about 3 US gallons. How many miles (or km) of safe range are you guys getting from a full tank?

Old 10-17-2022, 05:39 AM   #2

I always keep it between 1/4 and 3/4 full with a 5 gallon gas can I keep in the garage, and never drive more than 20 miles on an outing. Mostly off road, so I don't know the range

But you can carry a quart of gas and just run it out to check range.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:21 AM   #3

I just run my DF250RTG until it stumbles from fuel starvation, switch the petcock to reserve, and keep going to a gas pump. No idea of the mileage, but used the way I use it -- daily around-town -- I haven't had to refill since April. Once I switch to reserve there's almost a gallon left -- pretty common, and enough for at least 40-50 more miles on a 750, closer to 100 on the 250.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #4

My storm has a reserve as well ("R"). The short side of the petcock handle points to the circuit, so pointing up is main, pointing down is "R".

You can still carry a quart of gasoline until you are sure of which is which!

Old 10-17-2022, 09:06 AM   #5

My TBR7 has a fuel gauge, that does little good. I have got in the habit of settings my trip odometer when filling up. The trip odometer reads closer to kilometers, than miles. I ride a variety of roads, but I have noticed that I usually take a hair over 2 gallon when my odometer reads 175. I realize that your bike may get more or less true of an odometer reading than mine, but ,You could fill up, set your trip odometer, and ride till you get a reading of 150-200 on your trip odometer, and then see how much fuel it takes to top it off. I have one Japanese street bike (Suzuki Savage), that not only has no fuel gauge, but no trip odometer, which I think is ridiculous .