Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2022, 02:57 PM   #226

Wow.
That sucks.
I wonder if there will be another venue for them?
Edit: they still show the 250 (stripped down version) available, maybe it’s just the 250X?
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Last edited by Okierider; 05-27-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #227

I wonder how many of these Templar X 250s were sold this Spring? ExMxer (OP) first post was mid-March. So this bike was sold for less than 3 months?

How many X 250s could they sell in that time? 500? 1000 units? 5000 units?
MaxPro and Amazon both also still sell the same "stripped down" Templar. I wonder how long they will last at $1500!

The similar XPro Templar series is still going strong. I think it is the same engine, but they seem to be more like the Templar X, not the Templar 250.

These frames should fit a bigger engine too. 300cc ?

Last edited by Thumper; 05-28-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:47 AM   #228

The other thing I was thinking about is what potential is there in this 249cc engine? 2 or 4 degree advance? Porting work? And that header section seems like a narrow pipe. And how about airbox mods. All together, maybe add 4 or 5 horse power?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The other thing I was thinking about is what potential is there in this 249cc engine? 2 or 4 degree advance? Porting work? And that header section seems like a narrow pipe. And how about airbox mods. All together, maybe add 4 or 5 horse power?
Airbox is badly restricted-needs a battery relocation at the very least.
I’m tempted to get a whole new motor just to play with. It would be nice to know what, if any, major brand motor this was compatible with for things like head and cam swaps.
I’ve found the stock carb very much wanting so I have a real Mikuni VM30 en route. When it comes in I’m grabbing some radiator hose and kydex to experiment with freeing up the intake. At the very least add a few ports into the air box.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Airbox is badly restricted-needs a battery relocation at the very least.
I’m tempted to get a whole new motor just to play with. It would be nice to know what, if any, major brand motor this was compatible with for things like head and cam swaps.
I’ve found the stock carb very much wanting so I have a real Mikuni VM30 en route. When it comes in I’m grabbing some radiator hose and kydex to experiment with freeing up the intake. At the very least add a few ports into the air box.
There's a bike that's been in UK market for a year or more that's coming to US recently. A true 300 cc bike using the same frame as Templar X easy to convert or duplicate. Use the Zongshen NC250 with a factory installed 84cc bore kit.
One bike in particular I'm seeing is the Trail Master TM 38 300cc. This has the most modern mid-year 2021 frame like the Templar X. Having the Templar X frame is just about direct bolt up new motor install. The hole in our frame Infront of gas tank is intended for radiator hoses and I place of the fake plastic fins are small radiators. For less than $1k you can convert this bike to 300cc pushing cover 35hp! Or just by a Trail master TM38 300 for $4k. My true hope is Powersportsmax will purchase an allotment of these and be under the 3k mark.. Probably dreaming..

Old 05-30-2022, 08:45 AM   #231

My Templar X 250 is still in the crate at the depot. It was shipped two days after the order confirmed by phone and arrived at the depot in KC less than 7 hours later !

Unfortunately, that was Friday night and it is Memorial day weekend.

Oh, don't forget to hoist your flag today.

But from what I hear about these bikes from people that bought them here, I was really lucky to get one. I am just going to go trailer it home, not schedule delivery. Can't wait!!!

Old 05-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

I purchased a replacement engine off eBay for this reason/ parts. I've studied a fair amount on all the things you listed. These engines do have the potential for HP gain. No replacement for displacement. The biggest gain is a 174 big bore kit and advance flywheel key. This will ensure internal temperatures stay below melting point because these motors run very hot from factory. "245°" Seems like you can't overcome this engine to be as reliable as factory specs. Once you approach 21+ HP you surpass the ability to cool the engine with air and will require a secondary cooling source. By increasing HP your putting the internal drive line in a vulnerable state. Go rip on this bike a use a thermal heat temperature gauge to see the external temperature this thing gets up to.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:27 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I purchased a replacement engine off eBay for this reason/ parts. I've studied a fair amount on all the things you listed. These engines do have the potential for HP gain. No replacement for displacement. The biggest gain is a 174 big bore kit and advance flywheel key. This will ensure internal temperatures stay below melting point because these motors run very hot from factory. "245°" Seems like you can't overcome this engine to be as reliable as factory specs. Once you approach 21+ HP you surpass the ability to cool the engine with air and will require a secondary cooling source. By increasing HP your putting the internal drive line in a vulnerable state. Go rip on this bike a use a thermal heat temperature gauge to see the external temperature this thing gets up to.
Have you found a source for the timing advancement keys?

Old 05-30-2022, 09:48 AM   #234

Quote:
I don't race, so I don't continuously romp on the engine. I agree you can overheat just about any engine, even bone stock.

But having the additional power available doesn't mean you always use it. At least I don't. Moderate use is all you generally need tooling around the woods. Once in a while, you want that power, and if you make the mods, it is there. Then you back off, maybe get up into third and get some wind across the fins, not pushing it at all.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:05 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Have you found a source for the timing advancement keys?
I know for sure Joe Henner sells them. I think $45. You have to message him Facebook or maybe call. I'm not completely sure how to order. I guess Joe is the guru for KK&E suspension and anything related to Orion Powersports bikes.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #236

Quote:
I know for sure Joe Henner sells them. I think $45. You have to message him Facebook or maybe call. I'm not completely sure how to order. I guess Joe is the guru for KK&E suspension and anything related to Orion Powersports bikes.
I’ll have to have my wife order one since she does the Facebook thing lol.

So, just throwing this out there, does anyone know how many PSI the oil system for this bike operates at?
I’m kinda halfway piecing together a dual radiator oil cooler system to fit in place of fake louvers in front of the tank. Only question is can it pump the oil up and through them?

Old 05-30-2022, 01:31 PM   #237

You can reach Joe at the following number:
Its his business phone, so I don't feel guilty passing it on.....
Henner Motorsports
315 413 9447

Text first, he's constantly busy. He will get back, just understand he's essentially a 1 man band.
Hope this helps....

Old 05-30-2022, 05:41 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
You can reach Joe at the following number:
Its his business phone, so I don't feel guilty passing it on.....
Henner Motorsports
315 413 9447

Text first, he's constantly busy. He will get back, just understand he's essentially a 1 man band.
Hope this helps....
Good info! Thanks!

Old 05-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #239

Quote:
Templar 250X is discontinued. Wayu Zuumva is no longer manufacturing for Powersportsmax. I'm guessing increasing cost had to play a factor. I would like to think there making room for EFI version or 300cc like EGL, Orion, Kayo... These bikes were a bargain there's no way they could last.. Kicking myself I should have bought another one...
I was wrong. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion from one conversation with Powersportsmax. They have inventory now. I was told they have no more stock a week ago. But inventory is showing on there Website again. Going to snatch one while I can and see what happens. Someone here or another forum said there MSO came in Motorcycle no mention of off road. Im hoping that's the case makes it so much simpler to register.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:39 AM   #240

Quote:
I was wrong. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion from one conversation with Powersportsmax. They have inventory now. I was told they have no more stock a week ago. But inventory is showing on there Website again. Going to snatch one while I can and see what happens. Someone here or another forum said there MSO came in Motorcycle no mention of off road. Im hoping that's the case makes it so much simpler to register.
My MSO states 9 horsepower so I’ve asked to have an amended one sent.
I also kindly asked if the body type could be shortened to just motorcycle, instead of off-road motorcycle…we shall see lol.

Glad to hear they have new inventory. X-pro doesn’t yet, but they have the stripped model…which I also noticed has a PE28 instead of 30.

I’ve sent Joe Henner a message, thanks ExMxer. Gonna see what all he has for these bikes.