Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2022, 12:40 PM   #16

so many sensors later

Posting a little late, been busy riding.

txpowersports: I called and they told me I needed to submit a part request with a picture. They actually sent me a whole throttle body, they didn't tell me they were sending it. Arrived the same day as the one from the chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk

chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk: Ordered the part online express shipping maybe on a Thursday, it arrived in Albuquerque the middle of the next week.

AliExpress: TPS arrived for pickup yesterday, 18 days after ordering.

So I have a total of 4 new TPS, the first one I tried, the one from the UK is working fine.

Anyone nearby need one of these?

Old 04-17-2022, 01:07 PM   #17

Here is a source listed at ebay in US dollars (though it is also from Europe)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383461951309

Do you see a part like this on the bike?

Old 04-19-2022, 11:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Here is a source listed at ebay in US dollars (though it is also from Europe)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383461951309

Do you see a part like this on the bike?
that's exactly what it looks like.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #19

New code P0122 on the new TPS

Good day riders, the TPS saga continues.

I had some strange behavior preceeding total engine cutout yesterday. The idle was high, about 3k. On opening the throttle from idle, the rpms would fall until I gave enough gas to shoot the rpms up to 5k or 6k. Also while riding at high rpms, there would be an infrequent miss or group of misses when it seems the spark wouldn't ignite.

Engine threw a code going to start from a stop and then shortly, the engine just died when I went to accelerate after stopping at a stop light. After cooling a bit, the engine would run, however it wouldn't run steady

I had a friend pick me up with a trailer. Got home to see the same code p0122 - TPS low. wtf mate?

I guess now its good I have more. But I only had maybe 200 miles on this one. Are they supposed to be consumable?

I am thinking I will cut one of the bad ones open to see if the fluid from the throttle body is getting in and shorting the potentiometer inside. Yes there's a hole facing a side chamber in the throttle body for some reason.. Or if I can see anything else going on inside.

More to come

Old 04-19-2022, 01:32 PM   #20

I am presently working on trying to figure out the ECU on my x-pect and looking at hooking it up to ECU-hacker. Just looking at the Hunier fault codes they list PO122 as short circuit of TPS to ground, now this could be inside the potentiometer or in one of the conductors going to the ECU.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #21

Starting to look like a problem with the wiring

After letting it set a couple days I went straight to replacing the TPS. No problems going up the hill from my house, never went above 40 though, rode about 20 minutes on the new TPS. Then to check my assumption, the prev one was bad, a put it back in, and rode up and down the hill about 45 minutes still no problem.

Would love to have the connectors/connector tools for this harness so I could make a test rig. Anyone know where to get the connectors and tools?

May just splice new wires in for each of the TPS connections. Wind is up at 50 mph this weekend though. not in a hurry to get into that.

Old 04-24-2022, 12:43 PM   #22

TPS Connector Spotted in Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitytesy View Post
Would love to have the connectors/connector tools for this harness so I could make a test rig. Anyone know where to get the connectors and tools?

Looks like I might have found connectors, and on amazon too.

amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...B01CDZQT&psc=1
aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...c00wmQQq7&mp=1