Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #106

I forget this while troubleshooting sometimes. My mind goes to complicated issues instead of starting with simpler things.. Maybe start with fuel delivery. Gas cap, gas peacock valve, blocked air filter, faulty spark plug.

Myself first seeing the stock carb my I said it's going to be garbage. There's no air screw adjustment and its pressed together unable to rejet. I've had zero issues with mine so far but I bet 3 in 10 are total crap.. After checking simple things dig deeper. Valve adjustment or Faulty Carb would be my bet.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:48 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I forget this while troubleshooting sometimes. My mind goes to complicated issues instead of starting with simpler things.. Maybe start with fuel delivery. Gas cap, gas peacock valve, blocked air filter, faulty spark plug.

Myself first seeing the stock carb my I said it's going to be garbage. There's no air screw adjustment and its pressed together unable to rejet. I've had zero issues with mine so far but I bet 3 in 10 are total crap.. After checking simple things dig deeper. Valve adjustment or Faulty Carb would be my bet.
oh no worries, I finally got it running stable. when it would finally begin to idle without the choke levee pulled, it would spit and sputter, that was sort of expected, but it kept doing it consistently. After a while of it running longer and warming up, it stayed at a consistent rpm at idle, didn't sputter one bit, and the exhaust didn't glow red hot like it was being smelted lol, so everything is all good. I will most definitely be getting that nibbi carb, knowing this PE30 crap like the PZ30, on high throttling it will bog down and on every cold start up it requires major idle adjustment. OH, the brake light line was also ripped from the tail light, and it doesn't work, so I'ma have to get a new tail light, just don't know what may fit it. would you recommend one off of Amazon that you could probably throw on a Grom?

Old 04-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #108

What model of carb would be an upgrade on this bike? Are there different nibbie carbs?

So far for me the bike had been great. It’s handled the basic farm type off-road stuff with aplomb, it’s certainly more capable than I am lol.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #109

Hehe Waiting for the Templar X to ship now!

Well put in the order Thursday so should be soon I get the bike, was goina go with the titan but this bike was bigger so I’m excited to see how this turns out

Old 04-17-2022, 03:35 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
What model of carb would be an upgrade on this bike? Are there different nibbie carbs?

So far for me the bike had been great. It’s handled the basic farm type off-road stuff with aplomb, it’s certainly more capable than I am lol.
From what I know, there aren't a whole lot of variants of the Nibbi except for the carb size, I'm getting a 30mm carb since that's the size that comes with the bike. That with a jet kit on amazon is right at $100. You can also get a mikuni car, they're cheaper, but way better than the stock PE and PZ30 carbs. I think they run you about $30-$40.

Nibbi - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CF5GKM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-17-2022, 03:36 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos420 View Post
Well put in the order Thursday so should be soon I get the bike, was goina go with the titan but this bike was bigger so I’m excited to see how this turns out
Dude, congrats! Pics whenever you get it!!!

Old 04-17-2022, 04:07 PM   #112

Every carburetor needs jetting. The PE30 or PZ30 clones work fine once you jet them right. Opening up the intake and exhaust always does more than buying a new carb! And buying a new carb doesn't fix bad jetting!

You seem to need a bigger pilot jet right off the bat Okierider. Once you get it to start normally then you'll need to probably put a bigger main jet in there and shim the needle. It is just a matter of jetting. Really. Believe me... jet the carb and it will be fine.

Or you can buy a new carburetor and then you'll have to jet that one too! So, jet this carb or buy a new one and jet that one. Maybe just see what happens if you get this one jet right, then spend the money on a new carb if it still think it will make a big difference. But if you do buy a new carb, you will need to rejet that one!

Last edited by Thumper; 04-17-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:37 PM   #113

Just got my paperwork in-
Body type is off road motorcycle, make and model is a Zuma X7-CB250f.
For whatever that means lol

Old 04-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #114

Quote:
Mine just came in earlier and yeah, the same thing. I'm more than likely sure that the DMV or any other title place is not going to a thing about it. Did you contact them about it?

Old 04-20-2022, 07:04 AM   #115

Quote:
Mine also came in, I'm going to talk to my buddy at the DMV, and see what I can do.....I've seen 4-wheelers and side by side licensed here (Kentucky), so I'm hopeful I can get this licensed......it does have all the required equipment...(except tires)

I'll let you know how it goes here.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Mine just came in earlier and yeah, the same thing. I'm more than likely sure that the DMV or any other title place is not going to a thing about it. Did you contact them about it?
Not yet but it’s Oklahoma, as far as I can tell if it has lights, blinkers, and a horn it’s street legal.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:32 PM   #117

Quote:
That model number comes up on a set of "Zuumav" dirt bikes at Alibaba. They seem to like lime green for the photos!
When I find it, engine is listed as a Zongshen 250, liquid cooled, with a 6speed gearbox, a 520H chain, 14T front, 51T rear sprockets (Wow, 0.275 final drive ratio is danged LOW!). 18rear, 21front wheels.

Do these specs match what you got Okierider??!
5 speed is "optional". I guess liquid cooling is also optional !! Really too bad about the dirt bike only thing. I doubt you could get it past MO title office for plates. Oh they'll title it, but unlikely to issues a plate.

Last edited by Thumper; 04-20-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #118

Quote:
Not yet but it’s Oklahoma, as far as I can tell if it has lights, blinkers, and a horn it’s street legal.
Yeah that's how It is here in Louisiana, I got my old tbr7 titles and plated with no problem of course but you can also get mx bikes or anything off-road titles as street legal vehicles here, actually used to ride with a guy whom has a crf250 street legal converted. My dad made it a point to me about that which I literally forgot about, so I feel like if it has all of it's road requirements, despite what the body type of it is listed as, it should be able to be street legalized. Guess we all need to shoot for the best on this.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:18 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
That model number comes up on a set of "Zuumav" dirt bikes at Alibaba. They seem to like lime green for the photos!
When I find it, engine is listed as a Zongshen 250, liquid cooled, with a 6speed gearbox, a 520H chain, 14T front, 51T rear sprockets (Wow, 0.275 final drive ratio is danged LOW!). 18rear, 21front wheels.

Do these specs match what you got Okierider??!
5 speed is "optional". I guess liquid cooling is also optional !! Really too bad about the dirt bike only thing. I doubt you could get it past MO title office for plates. Oh they'll title it, but unlikely to issues a plate.
250-yes
Liquid cooled-lol, no
Hell, I’ll be happy add an oil cooler.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #120

Quote:
250-yes
Liquid cooled-lol, no
Hell, I’ll be happy add an oil cooler.
That engine looks just great, and so does the frame, forks, rear suspension. Yup, LOTS of motorcycle for the price. And yes, it has everything it needs for street legal getting TO the dirt Oh ya... you'll be happy!

I just got my 520 chain/sprocket upgrade. The JT rear seems correct (~2.5 inches between the four square bolts), and the chain is BEEFY! YAY! This will transmit the force smoother and feel much better when I am in a steep and tight pitch. This weather sucks! Can't wait for warm and drier trails.

Last edited by Thumper; 04-20-2022 at 09:26 PM.