Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2022, 09:04 PM   #31

I rode my Storm today. First real ride since using Jasbeth's method. Hits that were very harsh at 50 mph prior to the change were hardly noticeable as bumps. Also, I went through a section which I call the woops; the bike was almost uncontrollable at 30 mph before the change. Today I was able to take it between 50 and 60 mph. Personally I'm happy, although it feels a little spongy on low speed hits.

2016 Magician 250

Old 02-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #32

Well, after getting inside the Bashan USD forks, I found it to be totally incompatible with the fork valve/cartridge emulator approach (those Racetech fork valves). It really is unfortunate:

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30342

The fork oil upgrade (15W) is clearly a good first step, but I know the bottoming out on the slow rate compression problem is just permanent risk with these forks (woops, bottom of the ditch, and downhill runs). I will probably end up at Jasbeth's recomended volume (280mL), since this is a Storm as well. I have ~ 300mL in them, so I will remove 10 mL increments, after a moderate test ride when the weather warms up. Removing oil isn't difficult with a syringe connected to plastic tube, and the syringe is graduated in mL (cc's) anyway.

But maybe we can get a pair of cartridge emulators for my son's new TBR7

Last edited by Thumper; 02-14-2022 at 04:44 PM.