Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #1

Looking - Question 2018 250 Hawk

Been bike less for a while and starting looking. Gee whiz used MCs 20 years old selling or listed for $3000 - 4000? Ran across someone who insists he is selling a Honda Hawk but of course its just a 250 Hawk.

He is either illiterate or stupid, hard to get a good picture or info, has the 250 listed for $1000 no Less!! When I can buy a 250 Magician for $1600 its hard to get excited.... or should I be? I was going to offer him $800-900 but did not want to pi$$ him off.

How far off am I, new or 2018 used which may or may not have a title or even run?

Old 02-12-2022, 10:50 AM   #2

You are spot on ,don’t bother with it for that money unless it’s very unused .Ask him to show you where the title says Honda on it then show him who the real manufacturer is .

Old 02-12-2022, 01:21 PM   #3

Hard to tell if the seller is stupid or if he's hoping his buyer will be stupid. Or both.

Anyway, Chinese bikes have many fine points but their resale value is not among them. And I'd not be in a big hurry to pay a premium on a used Hawk when, as you say, you can just get a new crated one dropped in your driveway for not much more.

I have unfortunately found that most sellers of used Chinese bikes actually have no idea of what the hell they're doing and certainly don't understand what they've got, how to maintain it (so they haven't, invariably), or how to get parts for these bikes so they're usually just looking to offload a problem onto somebody else. Those of us who like and know what we're doing re: China bikes are enjoying ours, not selling...

Old 02-12-2022, 08:45 PM   #4

I would just buy a new one. I just bought a new hawk in a crate for 2000 with tax,title and state registration.