Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2021, 10:27 PM   #1

Where & How To Put Grease Fittings TBR7

I've got a new TBR7 with less than 5 miles on it. I've changed the oil, set the valve lash, lubed and set the proper tension on the chain, put the recommended spark plug in (the NGK, not the E3) and put a 110 port in the stock carburetor. I also bought a 17 tooth sprocket but haven't put it on yet.
I'm the opposite of a mechanic and had no idea what I was getting myself into. By the grace of God and awsome help from my heroes here on chinaryder.net, it's running great.
I want to take the advice of all the wise folks that have helped me and take as good a care if it as possible. Here's my questions:
1. Is the steering hub on the fork and the swing arm bushing the only 2 places I need to put grease fittings?
2. I never put a grease fitting on anything (or anyone). Do I just drill that size hole with a steel bit and screw it in there? Can you good folks recommend a link to the size and type I need? I keep seeing zert, is that a brand of fitting?
3. It's okay to use marine, water resistant grease isn't it?
4. Specifically where on the steering hub and the swing arm tube should I put these things?
I really would appreciate any and all guidance y'all could give.
Wouldn't it be cool if these things came with 1 grease fitting, like in the back, just above the tail light, and when you put grease in there, it went everywhere in the bike it needed to be? Once a year, you'd plug your gun in, pump in 7 ounces, and everything stayed lubricated for a year, EVEN THE CHAIN LOL. Man, that would be so cool!
Thanks again in advance.

Old 11-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

A little more research showed where to get the right drill bit, tap and fittings:

Lumax 8-Piece Assortment (Metric) 6 mm X 1 Grease Fittings
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lumax-8-...4807/302544967

DEWALT #9 Drill and 6 mm x 1.0 NC Tap Set
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-9...1420/204787310

I still like to know the best place to put one on the steering tube

Old 11-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #3

Hello TomKay44, there is no reason to put zerk
fittings on your bike. Just enjoy the bike as is! In the future you'll learn about greasing swing arm, shock and steering neck. These areas are not hard to service. Your bike is going to last along time with just simple maintenance

Old 11-15-2021, 12:01 PM   #4

Hello to you J4Fun,
Thanks for the advice J4Fun. I'll try to relax and your guidance should make that easier.