Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #31

Its the fuel mixture screw, get a mechanic to twist it for you, my bro did it for me in 2 seonds, and now I dont have a problem......go to the hospital and slow down, part of riding a bike is to drive with skill as well as for enjoyment, play on brother! 8)

Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #32

Go get checked out.
Its better safe than well............. dead.

I see they are making these now.Neck Brace

I'm so glad I started riding when I was young, springy and fast healing .

Old 05-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #33

Cool.$400.00 but it could save your life...well worth it, better than never riding or walking again for that matter and having to where a metel brace for the rest of your life......get it checked out, and I wouldnt ride again until you get the idle fixed at least, its dangerous dude!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #34

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
The bikes fixed. I called my dad in Mississippi and we decided to troubleshoot the problem so he gave me step by step instuctions over the phone until it was fixed.

I adjusted the carburetor and unscrewed the screw at the bottom of the carb and released that tiny bit of gas and sediments and now it runs fine.

By the way, what happened was..
We were having a big party at my home for Memorial Day and a lot of people were interested in my bike so I let one guy ride it and other people sit on it and yeah. Then I decided to ride and so I let my old time friend on the back, (told him to get the helmets first) and we just rode around the neighborhood in 3rd gear since I can't go anywhere yet, when we were flagged down by this little boy, and he told us that they were riding four wheelers 'over there' and pointed to a couple of guys on some sport ATV's. So as soon as he said that, they came flying up to where my friend and I were and started talking to me about my bike and saying that they liked it and everything. (They were on Yamaha's btw). And so one of the guys said that there was a sand pit 'over there' and offered for my friend and I to join them so I said heck, why not. So the guy took off wide ass open on a wheelie through this field. I mean, he was flying. So I thought since he was going fast there wouldn't be any ruts or anything so I stayed in his path flying as well. Shortly we came to a v-neck between a creek and their house, and so I figured I should slow down since I really didn't know what the terrain was, WHEN it was TOO LATE. Out of nowhere (the sun hid this until now) a little dirt mound appeared right in front of me, something I figured they were jumping, and my friend and I hit it going about 35mph. We got a little bit of air and as soon as we hit the ground my front tire hit a rock/tiny boulder and we both lost our balance, and were headed for the edge of the sand pit, I regained my balance and would of been able to maintain control however my friend on the back (he's big btw, like 280 maybe) he couldn't get his balance which in turn made me unable to steer clear of the edge, so I slammed on my front brake (back break is loose) and my tired slid out on the grass part and we slammed on our left side. My friend just rolled off. However I absorbed the full impact with my left side. My leg got busted up from being under the bike, along with internal injury on my left hip and kidney area, and my left ribs(which I broke during a cliff accident mind you) and then the elbow end of my forearm is busted out and swolen along with my whole arm being scraped up all the way around my shoulder. And my shoulder is really sore too, then it goes up to my neck. When I slammed the ground with the side of my head, the friction of the helmet on the ground caused my neck to roll straining the muscles on the right side, while the helmet was jabbed into my neck on the left side in turn busting pretty much all the capilaries in the left side of my neck, so it's wicked red. And I couldn't turn my neck to the right until pretty much yesterday. But yeah. That's about it. I hard a hard time getting up and sitting down and walking for a bit, but that's all good now. The thing I mentioned about going to the hospital was because the internal pain in my side hasn't subsided so I thought maybe I ruptured something but it feels a little better today, so I should be good. But yeah. That's what happened.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
By the way, I didn't choose to hit the bump it was just too late and I didn't have any other choice.

And for the bike damaged.

As soon as we wrecked I could feel that I was wet, so I looked and my gas cap had come off, so they pulled the bike off of me (I couldn't get it off my leg) and we spent a good five minutes until we found it. So my gas cap came off, the left back fender came undone from that first bolt that holds it on, along with my headlight fairing being completely snapped on the right side that you screw on, and the left side being snapped. And, my handle bars were bent to the left but not too bad, and the guy that was there just bent them back. So I don't think that's good. Something might be wrong if you can do it with just pure muscle strength. And let's see, what else. That's pretty much about it. I had a beeping sound from under my seat for a little bit but then it just stopped. It would come on when I turned the key on. But yeah. Then the bike decided not to start until just yesterday when I fixed it. Oh yeah, the emissions filter rubber tube was broke and melted. I have to replace that. And there seems like something else but I can't think of it. But yeah, SHE'S RUNNING. I just have to repair my headlight then she can get back on the road!

LATERAl HYPERFLEXTION that's what I did to my neck. And if it's ever happened to you, you should know it SUCKS.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:09 AM   #36

well riding doubles does take more awareness...good thing you are ok and the bike is fixable.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Cool.$400.00 but it could save your life...well worth it, better than never riding or walking again for that matter and having to where a metel brace for the rest of your life......get it checked out, and I wouldnt ride again until you get the idle fixed at least, its dangerous dude!
These are a little cheapier

$40
http://www.mawonline.com/google/55332.HTM

$170
http://www.shopxr.com/showproduct.as...7859&aid=10050

Old 05-31-2008, 03:32 PM   #38

srreynolds2003 I like the 40$ one. Might be warm for riding down there but here I wear a turtle neck anyway. Glad you're back up mav. If you lived through this one you will be a better rider in the future. Don't ride for anyone but yourself, and the person strapped to your back. Ride every second on your bike safely. Safe can be fun too! :wink:

Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #39

I would not double anyone if I was new to a bike!

In ruts and bumps it is hard to keep yourself stabilized let alone a passenger. Chances are you would have been able to keep driving instead of wiping out!

Rough education :oops:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #40

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
I would not double anyone if I was new to a bike!

In ruts and bumps it is hard to keep yourself stabilized let alone a passenger. Chances are you would have been able to keep driving instead of wiping out!

Rough education :oops:
Sounds like a steep learning curve. Good to hear that you seem to have escaped major injury. Get back on when you feel better.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 06-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #41

Get well soon. I can right off 1 year of my life over the course of three crashes. 2 -3 month stints layed out and a 4 monther.

Get on that bike and ride :!:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)