Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #1

Question Venom X22R VS Lifan KPR 200

Title says it all guys! I just completed a preorder on the X22R, But after seeing some Youtube videos on the bike there seems to be some structural reliability issues. How is the reliability of the KPR 200? If it is better I am most likely going to cancel my pre order and switch to that bike instead.

Another turn off is how off the Speedometer is on the X22R, The KPR200 is only off by about 5mph which I can live with. I am not interested in splicing wires just to fix a speedometer.
Please give me your input on this.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #2

My thoughts on the Venom X22R vs the Lifan...

Hi,

I ordered an X22R some time ago, and it's supposed to arrive this Thursday. Ho-ray!!!

I too was comparing the Lifan and the X22R when I made my choice.

Here's what I liked on EACH bike and what I didn't like...

The Lifan:

1. Water cooled - While good, it is something else to go wrong. (Bad).

2. Front Disk Brake - Only a single disk brake compared to a dual disk brake on the X22R. (Bad).

3. Six speed transmission - compared to a 5 speed on the X22R. (Good). I do wish the X22R had this...

4. A single lens headlight - compared to a dual headlights. (Bad).

5. Less horsepower - compared to the X22R. (Bad).

There are other things that were on the X22R that I liked over the Lifan. But honestly I cannot think what they are at the moment.

As far as some of the problems with the X22R, here is what you can do to fix them (or not - YOUR choice).

1. The headlights (and running lights) need to be replaced with LED's. Fairly easy...

2. You will also have to attach a CANBUS to the headlights to stop them from flickering. An easy fix and fairly cheap.

3. You COULD fix the speedometer, but I prefer to have it off... That way if you get pulled over for speeding (and do get a ticket) you can just take it to a place that's registered to check speedometers (at a cost of $20-$25) and take the results to court and show it to the judge and save yourself $150 - $250 depending on HOW FAST you were going. I'd rather pay $20 - $25 than $150 - $250 any day... Plus it's worked EVERY TIME I used it!!!

Anyway, this is all I can think of (at the moment anyway). Damn that Alzheimer's...

Hope this helps...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

P.S. Where are you located anyway, I'm in PA Camp Hill...

Bye...

Old 10-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schutts View Post
Hi,

I ordered an X22R some time ago, and it's supposed to arrive this Thursday. Ho-ray!!!

I too was comparing the Lifan and the X22R when I made my choice.

Here's what I liked on EACH bike and what I didn't like...

The Lifan:

1. Water cooled - While good, it is something else to go wrong. (Bad).

2. Front Disk Brake - Only a single disk brake compared to a dual disk brake on the X22R. (Bad).

3. Six speed transmission - compared to a 5 speed on the X22R. (Good). I do wish the X22R had this...

4. A single lens headlight - compared to a dual headlights. (Bad).

5. Less horsepower - compared to the X22R. (Bad).

There are other things that were on the X22R that I liked over the Lifan. But honestly I cannot think what they are at the moment.

As far as some of the problems with the X22R, here is what you can do to fix them (or not - YOUR choice).

1. The headlights (and running lights) need to be replaced with LED's. Fairly easy...

2. You will also have to attach a CANBUS to the headlights to stop them from flickering. An easy fix and fairly cheap.

3. You COULD fix the speedometer, but I prefer to have it off... That way if you get pulled over for speeding (and do get a ticket) you can just take it to a place that's registered to check speedometers (at a cost of $20-$25) and take the results to court and show it to the judge and save yourself $150 - $250 depending on HOW FAST you were going. I'd rather pay $20 - $25 than $150 - $250 any day... Plus it's worked EVERY TIME I used it!!!

Anyway, this is all I can think of (at the moment anyway). Damn that Alzheimer's...

Hope this helps...

Joe...

P.S. Where are you located anyway, I'm in PA Camp Hill...

Bye...

The brake comment kinda irks me. Dual rotors doesn't necessarily mean better braking. My rc390 which literally makes more HP than both bikes combined, and a top speed of around 110 mph has a single 320mm rotor. It's on par with my MT-10, which has dual 320mm rotors. And the MT-10 actually had to get on par with the RC, because the factory pads were crap. The SBS pads brought it up to the KTM's level. I know that's your opinion though, and I respect that, but it was also counter intuitive. The more things to go wrong comment about the water cooled engine was now just applied to the brakes.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #4

Dual Disk Brakes???

Hi,

I saw your response to me, about the DUAL DISK BRAKES and I thought that I'd reply so (hopefully) there is no more confusion. I didn't imply (or even mean to convey) that Dual Disk Brakes equaled SHORTER STOPPING distances, I just meant that "If one failed", there was a possibility that the other one could take up the slack and (hopefully) do the job.

Also, during the 40's, both the Army Air Corps AND the Navy were looking for airplane engines that could take the many difficulties in operating during wartime conditions. They needed an engine that could continue to operate EVEN WITH battle damage and STILL MANAGE to bring the flyers home. They determined that planes (with air-cooled engines) were more likely able to "bring the flyers home" EVEN WITH severe battle damage.

Now I know that the Army had MANY planes with "Water Cooled" engines, they were mostly chosen for their speed advantages, more than anything else. I am not concerned (or even care) about speed, I want reliability (and dependability) over speed.

There is (or was???) a video (on YouTube) of a U.S. Army P-47 pilot that got into a battle with a German FW-190 fighter (somewhere over Europe - not sure where). The P-47 (an air cooled engine) took OVER 300+ hits from the FW-190 but STILL managed to bring the pilot (not sure if he was injured or not) home. Try that with a water cooled engine...

Many of the pilots main concerns (when flying a plane with a water cooled engine) was a hit to the radiator or coolant system. They even stated that if, "They took a hit there, it was all over." This too applies to a water cooled motorcycle... That is my only gripe with a water cooled engine...

Anyway, I hope this clarifies what I was trying to explain and my thoughts on the matter.

Joe...

P.S. As you can tell, I'm "OLD SCHOOL" and proud of it...

Old 10-08-2021, 06:10 AM   #5

I had no gripes with the "air cooled vs Water cooled" engine statement. What I meant was that you just moved the chances of failure from the engine to the brakes. Also, if one caliper failed, the other would also. They're on a linked hydraulic system with no check valves. If there's a leak in the front system, both brake calipers suffer.

But that is cool about the planes. I wouldn't have thought they had a liquid cooled coolant system in those. I honestly thought they were all air cooled. But, I also come from the world of turbines, where they're air cooled by design.

Old 10-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #6

Turbines and RAM Engines...

Hi,

I too watch a lot of YouTube videos about (ALL kinds of) engines. If you're into turbines, you ought to check out the video (or videos) on the SR-71 Turbine/RAM engine (not sure what the designation is). It's pretty interesting and informative...

Also I didn't know about the "Linked" hydraulic brakes in the X22R...

Oh well, you learn something every day...

Joe...

Old 10-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #7

I was looking through Venoms website this morning. They have an EFI 250 Superbike now. I'm mot sure if the EFI is worth $600 more than the X22R or the KPM200.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...ted-motorcycle
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-12-2021, 10:51 AM   #8

Cool looking bike, maybe a city in China or something but this cracked me up.

If you trust buying direct, Alibaba has some very similar for way less $. Some but not all require you buy more than one though and not sure what shipping would cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kewesaki.jpg (13.8 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by DualSportDude; 10-20-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
Cool looking bike, maybe a city in China or something but this cracked me up.

If you trust buying direct, Alibaba has some very similar for way less $. Some but not all require you buy more than one though and not sure what shipping would cost.
Yeah, i saw that.

Yes you could order directly from Alibaba but good luck getting it through customs and getting EPA approval. It will cost you a whole lot more when you are done.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-12-2021, 12:52 PM   #10

lol. I guess the copyright ran out on the ninja 300. They straight stole the Ninja 300 bodywork.

Old 10-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #11

Kewesaki

Old 10-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #12

The RED version of the Superbike???

Did you guys check out the RED version??? Check it out, it looks great, at least I think so... At least with the EFI you don't have to worry about the EPA...

I even think these are California legal (which is nice)...

Take care and Ride safe...

Joe...

P.S. Here's the link:

Old 10-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #13

I love that decal...cracked me up. Not a bad looking bike by any means. The video is cool and the bike sounds good in the video, although I doubt it sounds that way in real life. I've been contemplating the X22R, but this one may change that for me. Awesome to have another possibility available.

IG: @TyGuyProductions

Old 10-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #14

I Missed the decal...

Hi Everyone,

I have to admit that I completely missed the decal, but than again I was completely focused on that RED version (which was/is missing the decal). I still think that bike is SUPER COOL.

About the only way they could improve it, would be to change that old transmission from a 5 speed up to a 6 speed. Then it would be worth the $600 added cost.

Take care and ride safe everyone...

Joe...