Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2021, 11:29 PM   #1

Any info on which size pod filter is recommended for the X22R/Ghost?

I cant seem to find any info on this as most people seem to upgrade more than just the pod filter they usually replace the whole carb, the intake manifold etc when switching to a pod filter so I'm unsure if throwing a pod filter on the stock carb would be a good idea without replacing the whole carb with something like a Nibbi

Does anybody have the actual dimensions for the pod filter or links? I cant decide if I should throw a Nibbi pod on or go with a K&N

Another concern I had was does anybody else put the covers on their pod filters in rainy conditions?

Old 05-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #2

What's the outer diameter of the air intake side of the carb?

Old 05-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #3

Have replacement jets been found for the stock carb ?i wouldn’t put a pod on it if they haven’t as you can’t tune it for the pod .

Old 05-15-2021, 06:41 PM   #4

Heya, chiming in again. Stock pz30 carb dimensions show a 44mm inlet diameter, so you could probably get away with running 44-45mm pod filter. If you live in an area with frequent rain, i'd recommend a splash guard or hydrophobic cover for your pod. As for the effectiveness of the mod, im not sure it would do much good other than more induction noise as the airbox is actually pretty good stock but hey, its your bike.

To chime in on the crankcase breather as well, i'd reckon a 5/8 or 16mm breather would probably work.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:37 PM   #5

You've given me a lot of great info every time thanks again! my main reason for going with a pod filter would be to remove the airbox entirely cause I want to slim things down I do think overall the airbox would be better stock so I may decide against it when I receive the bike.

Would you recommend adding a crankcase breather or opposing of it? I don't know much about it and haven't heard much about it on here in general so I'm not sure its a popular mod but reading about it it seems important to let that pressure out

Old 05-16-2021, 07:59 AM   #6

Quote:
...when I receive the bike.

Sooooo...I take it that you don't actually have the bike yet?

Old 05-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #7

I'd slow down a bit on expectations till you get the bike. Stuff like the sprocket change and carb rejet can be done early on, but i'd break in the motor before going for more performance enhancements. The stock crank breather is fine and has an oil blowby catch in it. Removing it with a breather filter would just allow little amounts of oil to get on the crankcase for no reason, seeing as you would still have the airbox. Speaking of that, i took some pictures and the airbox holds up the wiring for the bike anyway, and unless you deleted both side covers, deleting it doesnt really clean up the bike and is alot of work for maybe cooler sounds. I'd just slow it down a bit and put some miles on the bike before you get any ideas, then go for it if you still want to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210516_083444.jpg (55.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 20210516_083454.jpg (62.2 KB, 93 views)

Old 05-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #8

Yeah my future plans involve removing all the plastics and virtually completely changing the bike and making it my own but this is future plans I just like to have as much info on everything as I can before I get ready measure twice cut once you know? I also want to tear everything down for the most part anyway so I can verify everything is in working order and there is no pinched wires or any other loose ends the other chinabikes suffer from though I expect more from Venom.

just confirming not every plan will likely be done I'm just brainstorming and not everything will be done on day 1 either

thank you for those pictures!