Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #16

iMoose, thanks for being civil while still answering the different sides of the question.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
I think bruce has earned enough respect, And I will never take Porterz word over his :roll: .
I was just joking, and should have put a in my post--gosh, some people here are just too serious :x :x :x :x

:wink:
(i told u this is a tuff bunch) :x

Old 05-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #18

I kinda of thought so!!

I know my one female friends husband bought a couple of wildfire atvs, and they had issues getting parts. I've seen one up close a wildfire dp bike and they don't look bad, but if parts and reliability are an issue scrap that. The hi-birds do seem like a good bike, I would prefer a 250 DP, but hey, If i can pick up a 200cc dp cheap enough new with good parts support, i don't care i'll go that route.

A long time back i used to be a honda motorcycle technician, did services the occassional rebuild, that was back when the three wheelers big, the 250 r was a screamer!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #19

Re: I kinda of thought so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman1
A long time back i used to be a honda motorcycle technician, did services the occassional rebuild, that was back when the three wheelers big, the 250 r was a screamer!!!
You should be reall familiar with these engines then.

Allen

Old 05-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
The problem with Wildfire is not the bikes themselves,it's trying to get parts and warrenty from them.Pretty much none on both.Considering your past with bikes,you would not have any problem taking care of this bike on your on if you like it.There are places to get parts,just don't expect them from Wildfire.$900 dollars,assembled and new not a bad deal,but check with your DMV before you buy any bike to make sure it can be registured where you live.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #21

I wouldn't worry about warranty. For a $1000 dual sport how much effort is ANYONE going to make to keep the customer happy.
I bought 2 china bikes off e-bay...paid $400 less each from the same guy who has a storefront/dropship business and a ebay store...$400 EACH for taking a chance on a 60 day "parts warranty"...I never so much as e-mailed the seller after the shipper confirmed they were on the way...
I have and will fix any issues , myself, with quality parts, not $0.25 chinese replacements... As I see it, mosty b&M guys are choked that drop shippers sell the same product for 1/3 less minus the support....That is if the drop shippers are legit and not grab the money and run...
BTW my drop shipped /self assembled half price bikes run great..the 125 needs a jet up mind you... but for $1600 vs $2200 for no different product was well worth my hard earned dollars...no offence to guys that try and earn money by selling bikes intended...just common sense. :?
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #22

Ok Guys

That's enough ripping on me. First of all read what you want and decipher it the way you want... I don't care anymore.
If I'm Banned from the forum after this post It's just Gods way of telling me I have better things to do.

First: I was just warning the guy about two companies that have no clue on what A Real Warranty is and don't care about the customer after the sale. I didn't say Not Having A Warranty was Funny.

Second: Not being able to get parts isn't funny either.
I can get my parts from American Lifan now. There was a problem with Frank {parts guy} and now it's cleared up. I didn't ever say All Dealers where having trouble getting parts... Just me at that time.
Get with it people, Read Exactly what is written and don't put in what You think I said.

Second: Yes I'm an American Lifan Dealer. I stand behind them, I know they are built better than a lot of the other bikes out there. This is a Fact! I have seen and worked on Viva200, HiBird200, United Motors200, and I have worked on all of these bikes for customers. I used to be a UM Dealer. I decided to stay with American Lifan because they are true to their word and they don't change everything like UM does all the time. American Lifan is as well built as a UM, but I decided to stay with A. Lifan for principal reasons. I have gone to The Dealer Expo for quite a few years now and have seen plenty of Junk and some good products as well.

Third: I didn't ever say All drop Shippers are bad.
Ohio has it's Laws and that is it, I didn't make them. I just abide by them. I have and will warn people about dishonest drop shippers.
No I don't believe in it and ever will.

I hope that the guy finds a decent company to buy from, if he wants it shipped to him that is his choice.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #23

EJ, I hope you get banned!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #24

Quote:
TOO FAR :evil:
I was in the process of writing something nice, I don't care how many smiles you put, that was kinda rude culcune.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Quote:
TOO FAR :evil:
I was in the process of writing something nice, I don't care how many smiles you put, that was kinda rude culcune.
Yeah, he's been off a little lately. I think the spirit of PorterzCustomz is taking over his mind.....................

Seriously, this Forum has really gone to pot lately. There is A LOT of new members and shear probability dictates that there will be an influx of jerks along the way. It's easily evidenced by the number of moderators we have now. There used to be ONE (Frosty) a few months ago, now they are all over the place here, and even moderators are getting banned for standing up for what they believe is right. I, for one, am about ready to stop visiting this site. It's just becoming too painful and time consuming reading through all the crap to get to the few meaningful posts here and there. I used to visit this site on my free time to relax and help out with the questions that I know a little about. Now it's just an aggrevation to sign in. Very sad............

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #26

TOO FAR

Come on :roll:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #27

Quote:
TOO FAR

Come on :roll:
Nope

"Yeah, he's been off a little lately. I think the spirit of PorterzCustomz is taking over his mind..................... "RED2003

It's got me thinking too.....
Culcune if I only had your bike smarts....Ya I'm envious..
Please, please. Reds right again. The site is growing fast. The new members will act like their elders. Now is the time we need the older members to be the guide on how to act on China Riders. It's not funny. I like both you and Bruce. But even if it was a brand new member, please no more bashing. Even if you think its a comical tap on the shoulder, you are not coming across that way.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #28

Quote:
OK, this was truly offensive--I apologize publicly to everyone and anyone who was offended, and I take Bruce's apology for having the audacity to laugh at a (crappy) company to heart. In the spirit of things, I think Bruce needs to have equal respect for any and every Chinese company out there, and keep his opinion to himself...for instance, rather than L his AO at Wildfire, he could have said something like--"they are probably no better or worse than anyone else out there, and might even be able to adequately supply you with an MCO in a timely manner for easy registration..." or something civil like that. Now that I had enjoyed his original answer, and even had the gall to laugh with him, I take back all the laughter, and hope that everyone else does, and publicly chides him for telling the truth (with, dare I say it, humor!)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Even if you think its a comical tap on the shoulder, you are not coming across that way.
OK, no more humor!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #30

I can't speak publicly about this topic anymore. :oops: