Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatgm1 View Post
There isn't anything about a quieter muffler for that exhaust.
That link has an aftermarket spark arrestor shown that works for the exhaust

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 02-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #17

Right, you asked about a link for a spark arrestor and he linked to one on that page.
If you want a decibel killer, that is a different item.
https://www.amazon.com/Long-Exhaust-...2637724&sr=8-9
That is the one I used and wrapped.
I believe DeckardCain means he cut off the outer tip of the stock exhaust, but hopefully he will post up some more details.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Right, you asked about a link for a spark arrestor and he linked to one on that page.
I believe DeckardCain means he cut off the outer tip of the stock exhaust, but hopefully he will post up some more details.
Is there just a slip on muffler that is quiet?

Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
When you say stock spark arrestor, did you take the stock exhaust apart and remove it from there to re-use with modification in the Ebay exhaust?
or is it an aftermarket spark arrestor? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
I removed the polished cap on the end of the stock muffler, inside is the round plate with tube welded to it, holes in the tube, wrapped in mesh. That's what I'm calling the spark arrestor-

-but it also doubles as a baffle of sorts and cuts a few dB off the exhaust.

The outer diameter of the round plate is too large for the amazon/ebay muffler, so I just reduced it by hitting it with my bench grinder. Heck, a file would even work.

Then I removed the plastic end cap from the new muffler, and put it in, it fit best in one of the 3 possible orientations, and I needed longer bolts to secure it all.

But do note, while it made it louder than stock, but much quieter and less obnoxious then the aftermarket exh without it, I did take it out. I liked the sound better without, and the bike ran better without it- it does introduce a restriction in the exhaust, as any baffle or dB Killer product would.

Plus without it, I am just under the dB limits for motorcycles on public streets here in Michigan.. barely. But it would be required out in trails or forests where the USFS requires it.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I removed the polished cap on the end of the stock muffler, inside is the round plate with tube welded to it, holes in the tube, wrapped in mesh. That's what I'm calling the spark arrestor-

-but it also doubles as a baffle of sorts and cuts a few dB off the exhaust.

The outer diameter of the round plate is too large for the amazon/ebay muffler, so I just reduced it by hitting it with my bench grinder. Heck, a file would even work.

Then I removed the plastic end cap from the new muffler, and put it in, it fit best in one of the 3 possible orientations, and I needed longer bolts to secure it all.

But do note, while it made it louder than stock, but much quieter and less obnoxious then the aftermarket exh without it, I did take it out. I liked the sound better without, and the bike ran better without it- it does introduce a restriction in the exhaust, as any baffle or dB Killer product would.

Plus without it, I am just under the dB limits for motorcycles on public streets here in Michigan.. barely. But it would be required out in trails or forests where the USFS requires it.
Cool beans... But do you know of a simple quiet muffler that's 38mm internal diameter on the exhaust side? It's 15 degrees out and I'm looking for something I can just put on with one bolt. Theirs a bunch on amazon but I wanted to know if their is one in particular that is extremely quiet. I'm not spending all day f#cking around with some POS muffler I got that's too loud because the whole baffle and back end melted and blew out. Just want a cheap muffler dude.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #21

Man, like, it's you like to screw with things for its own sake. Might be warm there but I've an apartment and it's below freezing. And I'm not running a grinder inside an apartment.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #22

Thanks for getting back with how you did your mod, DC!
I might try going that route if the baffle doesn't work out so great.

Old 02-10-2021, 05:52 PM   #23

Cool beans..