Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #1

Jet kit for Brozz 250 ??

I watched the MotoCheez video of him re-jetting a factory Brozz 250 carb. He also shimmed the main jet needle up a little with a washer ,and seemed very pleased with the results. I intend to do a similar mod to my carb when my Brozz comes. I saw two kits on Amazon ,and I hope one will be useful .The main jets with each of the kits are different looking. Do any of you know if either of these kits will provide what I need to mod my carb?https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YW202NWZ&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...23UPDWUF&psc=1

Old 02-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #2

This is the set you need:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...im/refuge08-20

same exact one i purchased when i was in your shoes.. plus, when you wind up getting to the next set of mods and look into the PE30, that set will work in it as well

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 02-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #3

As an fyi, the other link with the longer sized mains will be the correct set should you ever upgrade to a PWK30 carb in the future

Old 02-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
This is the set you need:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...im/refuge08-20

same exact one i purchased when i was in your shoes.. plus, when you wind up getting to the next set of mods and look into the PE30, that set will work in it as well
Thanks , I just ordered it, and a new feeler gauge because I couldn't find my old one. I assume the .115 main jet would be the best to try first. What size pilot would y'all recommend? How thick of a shim on the jet needle? I think I will leave the exhaust alone. I want it quiet if possible.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:31 PM   #5

Stock, you should be able to just turn the a/f screw out i believe a few more turns to richen the mixture at idle if needed.. otherwise, i didnt find the need to change out the main or shim the needle with a tiny washer until i removed the air box snorkel.
I suspect you should be fine with the carb as is.. try it especially during breakin and see if any adjustments may be needed later on.

Old 02-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #6

Hi, Still trying to figure out which pilot jets I need to order for 2020 Brozz.

The one that came in the carb is a 34, but it looks different than any of the ones I see on Amazon or ebay. Shorter, and no tube with cross drilled holes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.gif
Views:	263
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	23943

This one is from an Amazon link above. Obviously is different than what came in the bike.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Other Pilot Jet.PNG
Views:	271
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	23944

So I still do not know which to order.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
John

Old 02-08-2021, 11:53 AM   #7

That's the mystery jet you gotta hunt it down on eBay. I ended up finding a similar jet but it was a little shorter. Worked though but it was much easier buying a fakuni vm26 and jetting that.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #8

That little short jet looks like a pilot air jet (found in the mouth of the carburetor). I've never seen an actual pilot jet that looked like that, but the chinese do their own thing. Take a look at jets r us under pilot air jets or main air jets and see if anything looks close.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #9

Bill Hilly...you may be just fine initially, without any jet changes...I've had my Brozz going on 2 yrs this fall,....still stock carb and muffler and air filter, no jet shims,...no air/fuel mixture adjustment.................NGK plug.....and of course ***most important: the necessary initial and follow-up valve adjustments***.....runs just fine for me...would all the usual mods liven it up? probably, but after 50 years of wrenching on everything from motorcycles, to snowmobiles,...cars..., I'm happy with it stock. ....started it up yesterday (after sitting for 2 months, 25 degree weather) full choke, started like it has been run every day.....15 seconds on the half choke, then fully off in about 1 minute....carburation for me is nearly perfect, no stumbling cold, perfect idle speeds, top GPS speed around 60,....wouldnt change a thing. (anything above 45 to 50 degrees,..never needs any choke) Enjoy your new bike!
2019 Brozz 250

Old 02-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #10

I never realized the correlation between the exhaust restriction, and carb jetting. I may just throw a 108, or 110 in it since I ordered the kit, and I even though about making a really thin needle shim by splitting an old shell casing, and using a piece of that. I will adjust my valves, and install some good oil before start up, but will probably put any carb tinkering on the back burner. I don't like the fact that it has a catalytic converter, but I do appreciate the fact that these bikes seem to be quiet.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #11

Yeah, I would say just do your valves and put about 500 break in miles on it before you start tooling around with the carb.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #12

JohnC. Pilot jet

Hi john, saw your pic of your pilot jet. It is the same STYLE as the one that came stock on my 2020 tbr7. It is called. KEIHIN "COLD START" pilot jet!
It is unique, and found on only a few carburetors. JETSAREUS.com doesent have them on their site, nor does AMAZON,EBAY. you can order them on ALIEXPRESS. It comes from china, mine came in about 3 weeks. 8 dollars or so and you can request 5 different sizes that they have available to choose from. My bike came with a K36. Jet I now have a #42 in mine. I live on long island ny. So I am at sea level. My plug is NOW the perfect color, and I do almost all of my riding at 1/4-1/2 throttle. There is a guy on here that has a video on those jets he found on his brozz. Goes by the member name "CRAVIN" I think thats where I got my information on ordering my jets.

P.s. dont know bow many miles you have on your bike. Unless you have an OBVIOUS problem with your jetting, let it be untill you break in the bike 500-1000 miles. I tried doing my jetting as I was breaking in my bike and I was chasing my tail all summer had the carb off and on about 25 times! No joke!
Enjoy your bike
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 02-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
That little short jet looks like a pilot air jet (found in the mouth of the carburetor). I've never seen an actual pilot jet that looked like that, but the chinese do their own thing. Take a look at jets r us under pilot air jets or main air jets and see if anything looks close.

I sent pictures to Jet R Us and was told to search through their FAQ. And they could not help any further. Hmmmmmm. Pretty disappointing.

John

Old 02-09-2021, 09:00 AM   #14

I think thats why most wind up swapping to an aftermarket carb, whether it be the direct replacement, ie.. VM26 for the Hawks or PZ30 for the Brozz.. as they allow for easier jetting changes with jets readily accessible on Amazon/Ebay.. and then upgrade to the PZ30B Pumper / PE30 / PWK30 after significant mods have been performed

Old 02-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hi john, saw your pic of your pilot jet. It is the same STYLE as the one that came stock on my 2020 tbr7. It is called. KEIHIN "COLD START" pilot jet!
It is unique, and found on only a few carburetors. JETSAREUS.com doesent have them on their site, nor does AMAZON,EBAY. you can order them on ALIEXPRESS. It comes from china, mine came in about 3 weeks. 8 dollars or so and you can request 5 different sizes that they have available to choose from. My bike came with a K36. Jet I now have a #42 in mine. I live on long island ny. So I am at sea level. My plug is NOW the perfect color, and I do almost all of my riding at 1/4-1/2 throttle. There is a guy on here that has a video on those jets he found on his brozz. Goes by the member name "CRAVIN" I think thats where I got my information on ordering my jets.

P.s. dont know bow many miles you have on your bike. Unless you have an OBVIOUS problem with your jetting, let it be untill you break in the bike 500-1000 miles. I tried doing my jetting as I was breaking in my bike and I was chasing my tail all summer had the carb off and on about 25 times! No joke!
Enjoy your bike
Safe riding
Christopher

Thanks, for the info. I think I found some that may work. For $10, worth a try.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3226...archweb201603_

John