Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #1

2000 mile update Bashan Storm bought 3-2020

Haven't posted in long time, just sneak in from time to time to see if anyone brought over some bigger bikes yet, tax season around the corner. In meantime still enjoying the ups and downs of my Storm. Reached 2000 mile mark. So far Speedo cable quit (at 200 miles) bought digital cluster but haven't installed yet. Work and car blew up so bike is only ride at moment. Throttle cable snapped couple of weeks ago. 24 hours later Amazon put one on my steps on a Sunday. Installed Moose racing chain, jets (still trying to hone in that sweet spot) NGK Iridium plug, adjust valves, oil changes. Bought 125ml oil cooler- haven't installed yet. Still waiting on headlight bulb. Low beam blew quickly. Did receive 5 really cheap ones from Amazon. Looks like I hold up a candle at night time ride home from work. Can't think of anything else at moment. Plan on removing cat so it can breathe.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #2

Thanks for the update. You need to find time to install all them upgrades.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #3

Had my 2020 TT250 since April, just over 2000 miles. Have changed oil 3 times and adjusted valves twice. Rejetted. Went to 42 rear (stock 17 front) for lower revs at speed. Just replaced chain, and I'm replacing the front sprocket because I think it is wallered out. Tires are about done. Battery sucks and if I don't get it started on the first or 2nd try (and keep it running), I have to boost. Ordered a national Cycle Deflector (U-clamp) and will install that and heated over grips soon. Already have feed for electric vest.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Had my 2020 TT250 since April, just over 2000 miles. Have changed oil 3 times and adjusted valves twice. Rejetted. Went to 42 rear (stock 17 front) for lower revs at speed. Just replaced chain, and I'm replacing the front sprocket because I think it is wallered out. Tires are about done. Battery sucks and if I don't get it started on the first or 2nd try (and keep it running), I have to boost. Ordered a national Cycle Deflector (U-clamp) and will install that and heated over grips soon. Already have feed for electric vest.
That would happen to me too with the battery that came with my apollo deluxe. I bought 2 Lithium Ion batteries for my apollo and for my Kawasaki zx6r...never looked back! It gives beautiful quick strong starts every single time and lots of power to run any electricals you like on the bike. Only downside is that the lithium batteries run for like $75 MINIMUM, more pros than cons if you ask me.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjchase212 View Post
Haven't posted in long time, just sneak in from time to time to see if anyone brought over some bigger bikes yet, tax season around the corner. In meantime still enjoying the ups and downs of my Storm. Reached 2000 mile mark. So far Speedo cable quit (at 200 miles) bought digital cluster but haven't installed yet. Work and car blew up so bike is only ride at moment. Throttle cable snapped couple of weeks ago. 24 hours later Amazon put one on my steps on a Sunday. Installed Moose racing chain, jets (still trying to hone in that sweet spot) NGK Iridium plug, adjust valves, oil changes. Bought 125ml oil cooler- haven't installed yet. Still waiting on headlight bulb. Low beam blew quickly. Did receive 5 really cheap ones from Amazon. Looks like I hold up a candle at night time ride home from work. Can't think of anything else at moment. Plan on removing cat so it can breathe.
Nice that you hit that 2,000 Mile mark! I was at the 1,500 when I sold my storm and I regret it haha never had a single serious problem with that bike. all I did was buy a new battery and install a bright white headlight.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #6

2020 Storm

I just have a couple of miles on my 2020 Bashan Storm:
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...15&postcount=1

I heated it up on a ~2mile drive to drop the oil and replace it with some T4 15-20 and while I was takiong off from a stop/intersectio, I notice some chatter on the clutch as I started. New clutch, cheap oil I guess. I will ride it again this weekend and see if the new oil helps that.

I was going to get a Hawk EFI but decided on the carb instead. It seems like the same bike otherwise! I want to rejet and adjust the valves. Will dissect the Cat bulb later on and rejet again as needed.

Will these jets fit the carb on this 2020 Bashan Storm?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ6K84T...v_ov_lig_dp_it

This jet kit has 10 pilot and 10 main jets
Description on Amazon if that link fails is:
Supermotorparts 10Pcs Carburetor Main Jets kit & 10Pcs Slow Pilot Jets for PWK Keihin OKO CVK PWM

Old 03-19-2021, 02:45 PM   #7

Depends on whether your carburetor uses those Keihin style jets. If your not sure what your carburetor uses you will have to find out which may require opening up your carburetor. Read this post paying attention to the carburetor and jet discussion.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28343